Women of the forum?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dzarren

Women of the forum?

Post by dzarren »

Heya, I was wondering, Who are the women that participate in this forum?

I ask because I don't really know many girls that are into knives, and the couple that i know that do like knives, dont really appreciate all the fine points, or even really know much about, like grind angles, blade geometry, what a tang is, all that stuff.

Anyways, do any girls really enjoy the spydercos as much as i do?

As for the guys, do your girlfriends or friends or wives like knives nearly as much as you do?

Sorry if this seems like an obnoxious thread.
Th232

Post by Th232 »

No female friends who are interested, but two of the admins here (Joyce Laituri and TazKristi) are female.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Th232 wrote:No female friends who are interested, but two of the admins here (Joyce Laituri and TazKristi) are female.
Lol , Agent Starling? :)
thewannabesurvivalist
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

There are a few female members here who let that fact be known. I suspect there are others who choose not to.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
GohawnFG

Post by GohawnFG »

The Deacon wrote:There are a few female members here who let that fact be known. I suspect there are others who choose not to.
+1 I can attest to that.

On the other hand, my girlfriend is full of surprises. Not long after I dived headfirst into knives, her own more "tactical"(not proud to use the word, but you guys know what I mean) side surfaced. She's Filipino, so naturally I bought her a balisong for christmas :D She completely flipped out(pardon the pun), and I can't be more proud of her. Now she's beginning to dip into my knife collection and start her own. We've been talking about flashlights and rocking paracord bracelets. We've no doubt hopped on the bandwagon :p

As for details, I'm half-deliberately using knife specific terms when we do talk about them and she's asking what they mean so she's learning. She hasn't quite warmed up to Spyderco yet, but she's already named several other knives that I have yet to get. She's even expressed interest in becoming part of the gun community :eek: I'd be lying if I said I'm not a least a tiny bit surprised. Proud nonetheless!
Neomik

Post by Neomik »

Because this is a Knife Forum it does not mean I think that it should or is a mens only forum!
Sure their are women who are interested in Knifes and hobbies like hunting or survival! Maybe not that many but I am sure there are some!
Todays women and men do at some point certainly share more interests than in the old days and that is a good thing!
If a women likes Spyderco knifes than she is surely welcome here by me and most members! "If I like to find out the best way to preserve my beauty than I may join a forum which could be targeted more to woman!" (But I wont :D !)
We are all here because of our passion for the :spyder: Spyderco :spyder: brand!
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
Samwise

Post by Samwise »

I'm actually afraid to get my girlfriend a knife....
Spydie Count: :spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:

Vics: Super Tinker, Farmer
LBNoble

Post by LBNoble »

I check the forum intermittently, I've been interested in & collecting knives (Spydercos & kitchen (mostly Japanese) for awhile. My DH indulges my knife addiction, although I don't think he understands it; my kids have grown up w/ it, there's always been knives up on the walls(magbloks). Up until recently, I had a job where I routinely carried 1 or 2 knives on me (I worked in a garden center), still carry my knives, although they see less use, unfortunately...