Who here is also a CPF member?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ninemm

Who here is also a CPF member?

Post by ninemm »

I've seen a few pictures in the gallery with 4seven's flashlights etc and that got me wondering how many members here are also on CandlePowerforums?

My username is the same here as it is there. What about yours?

Cheers,
Steve
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I am a member there for a few years now but have not been there in quite a while as knives completely took over! I still buy the occasional light here in there(newest is a nitecore D10) but not like I used to. Its strange... when the winter comes I "like" flashlights more and seem to use them ALOT more... I guess because it gets darker early and I love shining a beam across the sky.

CPF is a GREAT place with many nice people who will go out of their way to help another flashaholic.
That is one of the many reasons I was attracted to the spyderco forums, environment felt just like CPF.

I do however frequent the CPF Market Place because lets face it... I still love a good deal.
ninemm

Post by ninemm »

Totally agree. CPF has a number of fantastic members. Lots of generosity and kindness over there. This forum seems to be similar in that respect. Since I've gotten more into knives in the past month or so I have been hanging out less on CPF. I could never leave. I have however sold some of my lights to fund Spyderco's and plan to sell more.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Im a member over there, but only go there when I want/need info on a new light. Great forum w/ great info. Same name over there.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I've got the same name everywhere I could :p

Don't think I've done any real poking through CPF since I got my SF 6P though.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
raven

Post by raven »

I'm a member ... RADICALRAVEN over there. It's been a while since I last posted :rolleyes: .

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I used to go to CPF often but haven't been over there in a while. I usually peruse the market place every now and then looking for another knife to spend my money on....
Mr. Shawn

From knifeaholic to flashaholic

Post by Mr. Shawn »

Wow, I feel unique (more than I already do) based on the other responses in this thread. I actually invest much more time on CPF than I do here; in fact, I primarily come here (Off-Topic) to look for threads about lights! :p

Other than an interest in the UKPK lightweights, I've been content with my knife collection for close to two years. I adore my knives, but I love watching how the technology evolves more quickly with lights, and I appreciate the range of mods I can easily accomplish with them. I also find that people around me are much more at ease with me playing with lights rather than knives in public. ;) And I keep hoping for that occasional power outage so I can play some more!

And same name here as on CPF.
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton (American novelist and short-story writer, 1862-1937)
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

im also on CPF. my time is pretty much spent between here, BF, and CPF
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
Donut

Post by Donut »

I used to be a total light addict. My username on cpf is different than it is here, but I'm not gonna say what it is because I think it is uninteresting. I was thinking of changing it to Donut, but I don't go on there enough to go through the trouble of a name change and don't want to spend the time explaining it.

I mainly check the 4sevens forum and the Knives BST section. I occasionally check the WTB section to see if there is an addict looking for something I might have lying around. It happens often enough.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Yup,, guilty as charged :p Although I have been sleeping a lot there because of time spent mainly on here !!! and money spent on Spydies :)

Only recently made a few purchases on CPF Marketplace on some lights. I can see myself spending a lot more time on there in the near future though..... no Customs issues on lights compared to blades :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
ninemm

Post by ninemm »

Thanks for the responses guys. Lights, blades, and multi tool type items definitely all go together imo. I'm pretty content with the lights I have now (around 5 down from probably 20+), so I'm now focusing on blades. ;)
MCM

Post by MCM »

me
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

IIRC I'm a member over there...but I don't think I posted very much...just a lurker, nice group of people though....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Me as well, same username.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Same username with me as well.

Sverre
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Yup, but I try to stay away. I really loose $$ when I start wandering around there.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Donut

Post by Donut »

I saw your WTB thread and I have one or two of them, but I have intended purposes for them, so I've been keeping my mouth shut. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ninemm

Post by ninemm »

Donut wrote:I saw your WTB thread and I have one or two of them, but I have intended purposes for them, so I've been keeping my mouth shut. :p
You know, you would be my hero if you allowed me to give you $'s in exchange for one. Orange is my favorite color and today's my birthday. (Only one of those statements is true ;) )
nuubee

Post by nuubee »

I'm novice on CPF. There are more threads to keep track of over there, so I spend more time lurking over there. These are my two favorite forums, but I'm trying to branch out more, so I recently joined the edc forums (as well as being on USN). I really can't justify more purchases, but that's not a very compelling regulation mechanism. Even though I've bought more Spydies than I really need, the mod/custom potential buys on CPF seem to suck more money out of me. I'm surprised at how many truly useful custom mod parts I've bought for both SureFires and M*glites (mostly from FM), and we won't talk about my Malkoff collection. Just got a Streamlight Sidewinder, which I would not have gotten if it weren't for the Marketplace over there.