Para D2 Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackthedog

Para D2 Question

Post by jackthedog »

Hi All,

Two quick questions regarding the Para D2 model. Was this a sprint run? If so, is it known how many were made?

I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything. Thanks for the help.
Noble

Post by Noble »

I dont know the exact numbers but yes it was limited. IF you can find one I Super-Highly recommend buying it with no hesitation. It is my hands down fave spydie of ALL time. Right up there, if not higher in my regards then my BG42 Millie.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

Yes it was a Sprint run and 1200 were made, I've owned several and keep selling them. Warriorsandwonders.com sells them still, that is where I got all mine, I don't know if they ship to Canada or not. I usually end up buying one when they go on sale and then selling it again to fund something else. I paid no more then $110 for the ones I bought. The Spyderco D2 is wicked, I just don't like the FG handles at all.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Unlike the CPM-D2 Millie, the CPM-D2 Para is not that sought after, and it is pretty easy to find one at a reasonable price.
I believe the initial run was 600, and a second run of 600 was done.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I actually got one NIB from the SFO yesterday. I was in town and stopped by and they had one for a good price in the case. Unfortunately, they sold the last Para 2 that morning before I got there, so I didn't get a chance to handle it.

Thanks for the info on the D2. I like the way it looks and the action is incredibly smooth.