Sal or Eric Glesser, or anyone Delica Damascus sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RIOT

Sal or Eric Glesser, or anyone Delica Damascus sprint?

Post by RIOT »

Can anyone give us a heads up when this knife is coming around? any facts with whats going on with it? is it going to happen? was the prototype the actual knife people will be buying?

this one is one of my future holy grails.

i have missed the forum knives in the past so i dont want to miss this one, thats all. :confused:
sal

Post by sal »

Should be here this month.

sal
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I'd love to know if the production model is as ... err ... *blue* as the prototype at the Amsterdam expo. :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The General

Post by The General »

Damascus?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

After seeing Jur's Damascus Delica I really wanted one. Good grief... I will sell my first born to get this! ;)
My real name is Wayne :D
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

sal wrote:Should be here this month.

sal

thank you very much Sal.

one more question, will these be sold through regular distributors or directly from Spyderco ?
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

sal wrote:Should be here this month.

sal

resurrecting this question again,

Sal, everyday im looking for the Spyderco update on when this is going out.

Is it going to be sold through distributors or Spyderco direct ?
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i just saw on youtube that Jess from Spydieguys has a video up on these, so this means they are coming real soon.

i sure hope these come with a wooden box or something really cool for the price, Jess from Spydieguys wants 299.00 for them each
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Hmm, the video isn't great quality but it looks darker blue than I had guessed ... might be nice but I really wasn't sure how it would look with bone handles and blue bolsters. Still, at that price they aren't actually going to cut anything and they'll probably live in their presentation boxes :D The Damascus looked good ... would be nice to see it used in more knives :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The General

Post by The General »

$299? Ouch thats me out.

Does look stunning though.

I was hoping for a normal Delica with a Damasteel blade.

Ah well... :(
My real name is Wayne :D
catamount

Post by catamount »

$299.95 is MSRP. US street price will be significantly less.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

So did anyone else that is a Spyderco collector get one of these yet or does Spydieguys get their numbered pieces before other collectors?
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

SteelDragon wrote:So did anyone else that is a Spyderco collector get one of these yet or does Spydieguys get their numbered pieces before other collectors?
yeah i noticed Spydieguys has them up on ebay already with a good youtube video except the lately horrid music they have been playing, other than that the video was very good.

called my distributor and they dont have them yet, try again tomorrow.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Sal,

i noticed in Jess from Spydieguys video, it seems his is numbered 162V

are these numbered 1-500 like the 25th Annv. Delica ? or is that one of his collector numbers? i would assume its his collector number with the V and these arent numbered 1-500 ?
PERCH 24V

Post by PERCH 24V »

Placed my order earlier today with W&W in BC he got 10 of them.

There were 3 left after my purchase at 4PM, its now 7PM now and he is sold out. I knew they would go quick but not that quick.

Ships on the 10th
bc

Post by bc »

what? no option to buy from Spyderco direct? the heck with the dealers, what about us little guys?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bc wrote:what? no option to buy from Spyderco direct? the heck with the dealers, what about us little guys?
SFO will probably have a few shorty. You do realize they charge full MSRP?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

No they don't... They charge 25 percent off msrp. The online store charges msrp that isn't the SFO
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

PERCH 24V wrote:Placed my order earlier today with W&W in BC he got 10 of them.

There were 3 left after my purchase at 4PM, its now 7PM now and he is sold out. I knew they would go quick but not that quick.

Ships on the 10th

if it ships on the 10th seems like he doesnt have them yet, what did you end up paying ?
Free Radical

Post by Free Radical »

I was there today at Warriors and Wonders with cash in hand. It was 220 dollars Canadian plus taxes. Jay said all units were allocated to dealers already.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HONESTY COMMUNICATION ACCURACY SPEED[/CENTER]
[CENTER] "Spyderco proudly sets the standard in cutlery and other markets by delivering innovative, reliable, high-performance products. We always extend our best effort to conduct business in an honest, fair and proper manner. Our success is measured by making money and having fun."[/CENTER]
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I tried to post about them at W&W's this morning but TazKristi locked my thread. I wasn't advertising, just letting guys know they are out there.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.