Dine and Dash with a twist...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Agent Starling

Dine and Dash with a twist...

Post by Agent Starling »

Andrew Palmer - Jailed After Failing To Pay Restaurant Tabs By Faking Seizures

Baltimore, Maryland (The Weekly Vice) - Andrew Palmer, a 43-year-old Maryland man was jailed after he allegedly dined and drank at several restaurants without ever paying the tab.

He skipped out each time by faking seizures.

According to Police, Palmer dined at several restaurants including Capital Grille, Ding How Restaurant, Maisy's Restaurant Burke's Cafe and Borinken Bar. But when it came time to pay the bill, Palmer had a plan to avoid paying the tab.

Investigators say at the conclusion of each meal, Palmer feigned a seizure. When medical personnel showed up, he was ferried out the door without paying.

According to court records, Palmer has a lengthy criminal record which includes some 89 arrests for crimes of theft or other other similar charges. He was convicted in 34 of those cases.

Palmer was booked into jail on one count of theft. In consideration of his lengthy record, Palmer was sentenced to the maximum sentence of 18 months in jail....... where he gets to skip the tab every day while you and me pay the bill.
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Wouldn't be worth trying around here, unless you ate at very expensive restaurants, the local ambulance companies bill you $75. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Post by 224477 »

Sounds strange, you need to cash the ambulance? Here, its under health insurance, the bad thing is the ambulance has to come every time, even a drunk homeless is pretending death somewhere in the park /the by-passers think that/.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
noodlefish

Post by noodlefish »

sounds like a real POS that the world can do without
ORANGE DODO NICEEEEEE

I listen to psychobilly, you should too!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

224477 wrote:Sounds strange, you need to cash the ambulance? Here, its under health insurance, the bad thing is the ambulance has to come every time, even a drunk homeless is pretending death somewhere in the park /the by-passers think that/.
Nah, they bill you later, at least that's what happened last time I fell and broke my leg. And, FWIW, the $75 was just my co-pay, my insurance picked up most of it.
noodlefish wrote:sounds like a real POS that the world can do without
True, but there is that certain irony to giving free room and board to someone who stole food. Of course he may end up washing a lot of dishes, mopping a lot of floors or, better yet, spend the next 18 months as bride of Bubba. :eek:
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Deacon...what the heck were you doing in Baltimore....don't they have any food in upstate NY..... :p Doc :p
PS I owed you that one.....for the Darth Vader thingy....LOL
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Methinks said gentleman should do time slaving for that food and bunk while the esteemed guest at the Sheriff Arpaio Pink Panty Tent City Extraordinaire... ;)

/ SB
Donut

Post by Donut »

They should make him work at a restaurant for no pay. He thinks it is acceptable for the restaurant to get no money for him eating, it sounds like it would be right up his alley.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Donut wrote:They should make him work at a restaurant for no pay. He thinks it is acceptable for the restaurant to get no money for him eating, it sounds like it would be right up his alley.
Exactly. Screw jail, give him 18 months of 40 hour a week unpaid working, with an armed guard supervising at all times, and make him do dishes for 18 months without pay.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Evil D wrote:Exactly. Screw jail, give him 18 months of 40 hour a week unpaid working, with an armed guard supervising at all times, and make him do dishes for 18 months without pay.
Now that's just cruel :p He'd be extremely remorseful inside of the first 6 months, and likely need a shrink for 6 months after he's done there, if you make him work for the boss I had 7 years ago.

14-16hr days with a short break after lunch for an hour or two (working 0700-2300 was normal), with all of that at normal pay... schedules done on the fly in pencil (you could be booked off and have no work for 3-4 days and get called at home, "you're late, get in here" on day 2 or 3 )... AND he'd take a staff meal off your paycheck for every 8hr shift if you ate or not. I think I was making ~550-600 a month there.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.