Mule scales

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
tug561

Mule scales

Post by tug561 »

Does anyone in here make Mule scales. i have a few Mules and plan on getting more.

if you do make them please let me know. i could send you the knife/knives or you could send me the scales.

i am interested in G10 or Micarta, also in some woods which i could get and send to you
unit

Post by unit »

tug561 wrote:Does anyone in here make Mule scales. i have a few Mules and plan on getting more.

if you do make them please let me know. i could send you the knife/knives or you could send me the scales.

i am interested in G10 or Micarta, also in some woods which i could get and send to you
Are you interested in custom, or bolt on scales?

The answer is "yes" either way.

I made my own, it was a fun project and I learned a lot. You can buy materials to do this, or simply buy scales that you can directly bolt on.

If you want full custom and something nicer than you could perhaps pull off yourself, seek a custom maker that does this.

If you have not already done some web searches, I suggest you do so to determine what you desire exactly then we can point you in a direction.

Have fun!

P.S. do not attempt to do business on this forum. People might offer names/companies you can contact, but even that can stray into dangerous territory at times (forum rules).
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

How about these from CSD in Germany?

tug561

Post by tug561 »

i really like that style, i was thinking of something like that with 2 colored layers like black and red or black and neon green
tug561

Post by tug561 »

i dont really care either way about bolt on or custom. i did make a set of scale out of macadamia nut wood finished with tru oil, i just epoxied them on. i was thinking of using some mosaic pins, just didnt have the patience to wait on them to ship to me.
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

There's several people on this forum who make them, along with some professional firms that have made special runs of G-10 scales. I can attest that they are superb. Price was great to boot.

If ya do a search you'll find a person who has a blog listing alot of sources that he's tried.

His name escapes me now or i'd post it.

edit: here ya go... Marion David Poff
I have no financial interest in him or his blog... But i found it extremely helpful and i pass it along.
sal

Post by sal »

I just received some awesome 3D machined mule scales from Halpern and the fasteners were included.

sal

http://www.halperntitanium.com
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

sal wrote:I just received some awesome 3D machined mule scales from Halpern and the fasteners were included.

sal

Well since Sal mentioned them I guess it's alright to plug them.
They are AWESOME. prices are great too
tug561

Post by tug561 »

i have one set of the option 3 scales on one of my mules. i dont recall seeing any 3d scales when i ordered those.
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

since you have a set, did you not like them?
tug561

Post by tug561 »

oh i like them, but i dont want to have the same thing on all of my mules
Military CE
Mules TM05,TM06,TM10
(2) Tenacious PE
Persistence PE
Delica 4 Wave
Endura 4 Wave
Honeybee
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Burled Maple scales done by Erwin Roach of e3 Custom Knives in Starkville, MS
e3ck (at) bellsouth . net

I posted a picture here.

Same knife Blade Forum
tug561

Post by tug561 »

Thanks I like the mosaics in that. expensive?
Military CE
Mules TM05,TM06,TM10
(2) Tenacious PE
Persistence PE
Delica 4 Wave
Endura 4 Wave
Honeybee
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

alexcue wrote:There's several people on this forum who make them, along with some professional firms that have made special runs of G-10 scales. I can attest that they are superb. Price was great to boot.

If ya do a search you'll find a person who has a blog listing alot of sources that he's tried.

His name escapes me now or i'd post it.

edit: here ya go... Marion David Poff
I have no financial interest in him or his blog... But i found it extremely helpful and i pass it along.
Thanks for the mention!

To the OP, this is the website I run, which has a ton on information about handles for the Mules, Tom Krien, Scott Gere, Phillip Dobson, Hector Castro here on the Forums, and a bunch of other guys make handles custom. And Halpern Titanium was the first to make production scales. Soon, they will be available from Blind Horse Knives as well.

http://muleprojects.blogspot.com/

sal wrote:I just received some awesome 3D machined mule scales from Halpern and the fasteners were included.

sal

They are pretty cool, huh?

I will have a photo review soon.

Thank you,
Marion
Marion David Poff
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

So does anyone have a set of the Halpern Option 4 Mule Team scales yet? I am seriously thinking of a pair of orange ones.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
whkento

Post by whkento »

sal

Just ordered some to be sent to Japan... :D
Aimless

Post by Aimless »

Thanks Sal. I e-mailed Halpern Titanium and got a very professional e-mail back within a few minutes. I am definitely going to order some scales from them. They look like a great find.
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

I'ved ordered 3 set at H.Ti ;brown earth, a black one and an orange... normally next week i'll receive it. All three are Option4.
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
whkento

Halpern Ti folks are great!

Post by whkento »

I got my scales from Halpern Titanium in record time. I ordered them Friday Sept. 3 and received them IN JAPAN on the 8th. That includes the Labor Day holiday!

They look great and I can't wait to put 'em on my mules. Will post pics when I can.

Melanie at Halpern was super nice and great to do business with. I highly recommend them.
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

Received my 3 set, orange, black & earth brown. As Whkento write, Go! i recommend them!
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!