How HOT is it where you are?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

How HOT is it where you are?

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Tuesday of this week was the worst...102 degrees....and of course the AC unit deceided to stop working in my Kung Fu studio...so most of the day it was 92 degrees in my work place, and it wasn't fun....Thank the Lord the AC guy got it working by 6pm and by the time my first evening class for Kung Fu came in it was a chilly 80 degrees...well at least if felt real chilly.....LOL...Weds was a cool down to 97 degrees and today around 92...much better...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

hasnt been that hot here the last few days, but the humidity is ridiculous. i would take dry heat over this any day.
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

it should be 100 here in southern California but its been staying at a 75-80 lately, i want it to be 100+ weather for the pools and stuff.

i really think our earth has shifted but our climate has stayed the same which causes our weather to be in different areas than its been in the past. < this is my assumption.

the weather has been very weird lately?????

edit: btw this is a great post i cant wait to see more feed back from others
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

RIOT wrote:it should be 100 here in southern California but its been staying at a 75-80 lately, i want it to be 100+ weather for the pools and stuff.

i really think our earth has shifted but our climate has stayed the same which causes our weather to be in different areas than its been in the past. < this is my assumption.

the weather has been very weird lately?????
Same here. It almost hit the 60s today down here in LA county. I also stopped by Santa Monica to visit their promenade the other day and it was covered in storm clouds and drizzling.

I have two apps on my phone telling me different weathers for this week. One says it'll be around 79-83 and the other says 88-90. (average)

Goodness... winter will be fun this year!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

It's forecast to be 30C at the weekend ... I believe you guys call that 86F :D But right now it's a very pleasant 25C. But it's been very hot (45C - 113F) in southern Europe recently.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

We've had temperatures in the high 70s or low 80s every day for over a week now in London, it's perfect!

Although to be honest London Underground isn't a good place to be when people are sweating :(
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

It's around 40 -60 here in Perth, Western Australia, and the weather today was diabolical.......!!!

BIG storms, hail and a reservoir or three of rain..............it's Winter here in the Southern Hemisphere.......it even got to freezing point which is VERY rare!

No snow though and very little liklelihood of ever getting any.
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

This weekend's forecast calls bout 30-35 C around 90-95F in Lithuania,just finished painting the fence it was hard sticky work with 30C out in the sun :( .
thewannabesurvivalist
JayTeeEmEm

Post by JayTeeEmEm »

buglerbilly wrote:It's around 40 -60 here in Perth, Western Australia, and the weather today was diabolical.......!!!

BIG storms, hail and a reservoir or three of rain..............it's Winter here in the Southern Hemisphere.......it even got to freezing point which is VERY rare!

No snow though and very little liklelihood of ever getting any.
Glad to see some rain after a dry June. Been bloody freezing though.
:spyder: Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2:spyder:

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal
Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

It's about 95F (35C) here at the Dutch coast. Can't imagine how hot it is further in country. Spain measures above 104F (40C) at the moment
Black FRN D4 CE
Ladybug Salt SE
SS D'fly PE
Carbon Fiber Caly3 ZDP-189
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

It's been in the 100's all week here in Philly, very bad air quality too.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

117 Fahrenheit today... thats Iraq for ya :-D
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

We went over 100F for a few days here in VA. I came back from the Bahamas on Monday and it was hotter home than it was over there!
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

We hit 100+ a few times and it made my BJJ class without any AC available...interesting. What with horrible humidity that gives regular temperature reports of:

96 degrees actual, feels like 106 degrees

it is taking me a bit to get used to always stewing in my own juices, as it were. :p
TheLateBoyScout

Post by TheLateBoyScout »

72, expecting a high of 91. Pretty bearable for this time of year, and definitely cooler than I remember from years past. I'm in the Rockies btw.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Here in upstate new york it was high 90's all week. And on Tuesday it was 104 with humidity.
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
KonaBlade808

Post by KonaBlade808 »

phoenix is 114, no humidity. still is hot
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

San Francisco is 56 right now and supposed to reach 64 by late afternoon.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

102 Wednesday, 98 Thurs, onyl supposed to get up to 92 today.. With heat index, it's more like 115-120, 110-115, and now maybe somewhere between 95 and 105 based on temp + humidity as it has been. Rain last night cooled things down a bit :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
graham_s

Post by graham_s »

110+ most of the day, it's meant to be hotter next week though.
If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.
item 87, skippys list