Fix for off-center blade on Millie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Harry1922

Fix for off-center blade on Millie?

Post by Harry1922 »

Hey guys, well I have been getting into folders a lot as of late (was a bit fixed blade guy), and especially Spydercos - sold my mini-grip because I have been enjoying my delica so much!

Well, just got a used millie that is absolutely amazing - the digicam g10 and gray blade are just sick - I actually had a blaze orange millie, sold it and missed it so much I had to get another one.

With that said, my new used millie has a blade that is off-center to the left a little bit (see pics below) - its not scraping the liner, but I still would prefer it centered...

Is there any way that I can fix this myself? What is actually causing the blade to be off center - does that mean it was bent? I took the blade out to give it a cleaning hoping this would help it and tried playing with tightness on the pivot screw, but to no avail...

Thanks in advance for any guidance - I tried searching for this topic, nothing came up...

spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... +centering

Read through here...
my buddy harry, Thats a great name you have there! :D ;)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Harry1922

Post by Harry1922 »

Haha - I'm pretty happy with the name my parents chose for me ;) You dont hear it too much anymore these days...

Thank you so much the link and quick reply - I will give this a shot!

Just curious - is it a standard torx driver needed for the back spacer screws...?

Thanks again!!!
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I know, growing up I was the only one I knew when I had mutiple friends with the same name..lol

And no prob, yeah i just checked mine and it looks like a standard T6. Good luck!
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

My Millie looks exactly the same. I haven't tried to fix it but I did use the method described in the linked thread on a different knife and it worked like a charm.
Harry1922

Post by Harry1922 »

spyderHS08 wrote:I know, growing up I was the only one I knew when I had mutiple friends with the same name..lol

And no prob, yeah i just checked mine and it looks like a standard T6. Good luck!
haha - i know what you mean - it built a lot of character :D

well, HOLY SMOKES - IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!

I am thoroughly impressed - thanks again for all the help ;)

edit: I know I know, pics or it didnt happen so here you go!

With that said, time to go out and get some green beer :D
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

what I did with mine was to wedge the closed blade with paper to move it to the opposite side that it was crooked on. then i loosened the pivot and then tightened it right back to where the blade wouldn't budge. then i took out the paper wedge and loosened the pivot to the desired tightness. the blade is now just very slightly off center that you can notice it only if you look at it really closely and from a lot of angles. the spacer loosening method didn't work for me.