Where is everyone?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vampyrewolf

Where is everyone?

Post by vampyrewolf »

6 of us online right now, and no-one starting any engaging discussions on here.

You'd think people slept or something :p It's only 0430 here, almost time to grab my few hours of sleep before the daily ruckus starts again.

Ah holidays... back to work on the 11th. Another week of being online till the early hours.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Im on nights and just got home. I trolled the forum all night. Not much going on.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i am up, not by choice. we keep having some automatic alarms going off and now i cant go back to sleep :mad:
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Sucks when Fireman can't sleep through the night.

Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

It's 22:30 Hrs here...I'm in bed reading on how to avoid the coming burst of the Aust. Housing Bubble.

I often leave a IE page open intending to come back...but then I wander off.
JD Spydo

Spyderville's 24 hour talk show

Post by JD Spydo »

I know this Forum encompasses world wide membership but it still amazes me at times when I get up super early or can't sleep at night and see how many people there are active at wee hours of the morning ( USA time). I've been up this past month a lot around the 2:00am to 3:30am CDT USA and have seen at least a dozen to 15 members active.

We don't seem to have any members to speak of in the mid continent of Asia. And it makes me wonder what our esteemed brother Samosaurus has been up to lately :)

I guess language barriers play a big part in it. Because I am surprised that we don't have a substantial Japanese participation because of all the Spyders that are made there as well as some other great cutlery companies. We don't seem to have a lot of representation from the African continent with the exception of our good brothers from South Africa who always seem to have a consistent presence.

But on the other hand I've seen daytime hours where participation is sparse as well. You never know who's going to be here at any hour of the day or night. Spyderville is even more of a 24 hour town than Las Vegas ( I mean Lost Wages :D ) Spyderville sure runs on a 24 hour clock to be sure
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I for one, sort of shut down the internet engines for the holidays since my laptop reminds me of work...also, my IT guy 'fixed' a wireless problem at work and now wireless doesnt work at home...go figure.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I attributed the slowdown to the holidays. Usually I peruse the forums at night while at work and there's still plenty of people on.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

I've been enjoying my winter break away from college, which has been very, very needed. I'm only on here about 1-2 times a day now.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

JD Spydo wrote:I know this Forum encompasses world wide membership but it still amazes me at times when I get up super early or can't sleep at night and see how many people there are active at wee hours of the morning ( USA time). I've been up this past month a lot around the 2:00am to 3:30am CDT USA and have seen at least a dozen to 15 members active.
early... late... it's all a matter of perception. I'm usually online till 0200ish, some days till 0400 ish. When I have issues with my insomnia I don't get off the computer until it's time to head to work at 0700 (but thankfully thats only a couple times a month, and usually only 2-3 days without any real sleep).

Typically I'll have tabs open for 4-5 things and flip between them, and have a movie going on the tv. Right now I have 8 tabs going and working on 3 different computers at the same time.

I always find activity drops off around 0200 local (GMT-6)... when the west coast is going to bed and the east coast is getting up. And the rest of us are just getting warmed up.
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Insomnia - I feel your pain. Im trying to transition from Nights to Days. Shift work sucks ***.

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

FIMS wrote:Insomnia - I feel your pain. Im trying to transition from Nights to Days. Shift work sucks ***.
I usually get 3-4hrs of sleep before waking up... if I want to get back to sleep I have to consider that it'll take me about an hour to get to sleep and I'll only get another hour if I'm lucky before waking up again. So I go to bed around 0300 so I'm up at 0700... instead of going to bed at 2300 and being up at 0300 with nothing to do.

30-40hrs is normal for me, sometimes I'll be up for a 3rd day. "best" so far was 105hrs before I blanked out for a couple hours and had apparently gone walking :eek:

I have no issues going between night and day shift, just have to adjust when I grab my few hours.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

At 5:25am I was still sleeping. :)

At 6:30 I got up and got ready for work.

I got home from work about 6:30pm. I am now dorking around on the forum.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

30-40hrs is normal for me, sometimes I'll be up for a 3rd day. "best" so far was 105hrs before I blanked out for a couple hours and had apparently gone walking
And you carry knives???

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

point being?
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

You tried Melatonin? I use it during my transition of shifts. No dependancy on it afterwards.

sarguy

Post by sarguy »

+1 for melatonin, dark rooms, a white noise machine, and avoiding alcohol before bed.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

valarian root works well for me, but I only get an extra hour or so of sleep with it.
usually if I can't sleep, meditation helps. That's why it's only a couple times a month that I don't get any sleep at all.
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I'm pretty much on here 24/7, it's just part of the ritual... check spyderco forum, emails, facebook, plus blade forums and USN when I'm feeling ambitious. It's worse that I'm on break and aren't busy all the time.
JD Spydo

I got one better

Post by JD Spydo »

vampyrewolf wrote:valarian root works well for me, but I only get an extra hour or so of sleep with it.
usually if I can't sleep, meditation helps. That's why it's only a couple times a month that I don't get any sleep at all.
Say Vamp it's funny that you would mention Valerian Root. I'm very good friends with a lady who is an herbal genius and doesn't take any medicine from any doctor. She introduced me to one great mixture for sleep and anti-anxiety. It is a mixture of Valerian Root, Skullcap & Hops. That stuff works as good as anything a doctor will prescribe you but with no bad side effects. I truly believe that there is an herb or natural cure to everything if you can just nail it down. I have many books on herbal medicine> it's truly a fascinating subject.