More H1! H1 knives YOU want to see!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
clovisc

More H1! H1 knives YOU want to see!

Post by clovisc »

I've been beating the drum for more H1 pretty hard on these forums... hopefully not too hard!

I'm curious which knives you other H1-heads would like to see in H1 -- greatest of steels...!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I love H1 steel!

I'd like to see an H1 Native and an H1 Dragonfly. Both have the solid FRN scales already, so I wouldn't think the H1 part would be too much of a stretch.
ColonelX1

Post by ColonelX1 »

H1 native and Dfly sound great, id like to see almost any Spyder offered in H1 H1 manix 2 mebe?
Pick a Card, Any Card

:My Spyders:spyder:
Orange G10 Wharnie Urban 064v
Blue/grey Waved Delica 4 (gifted to my close friend who is headed to Anapolis)
Black FRN Jester Ghetto Wave

ATS-55 SS harpy in full spyder edge!(loved, and then gifted to a Plebe at annapolis)
Carbon Fiber KIWI
Manix2CE 064v Ghetto Wave
SSSE Cricket
Delica4 full SE Ghetto Wave

May your food be rich, your knives be honed, your women be sweet, and your good friends stoned.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

The Remote Release just screams for H1 - a knife designed to be clipped to PFDs and the like?
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Paul 883215

Post by Paul 883215 »

I think that the Manix 2 would be great in H1, however, I don't think it is possible at a reasonable $.
amar

Post by amar »

H1 Delica
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

Dodo
FRN Stretch
Manix
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

I vote for an H-1 Para. And the Chokwe in H-1 would be unbeatable.
Naga

Post by Naga »

Lum folder, Temperance models, Street Beat.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

RamDreamer wrote:I vote for an H-1 Para. And the Chokwe in H-1 would be unbeatable.
i agree that a H1 chokwe would be THE knife!!! maybe SS handle, like the mariner?? the chokwe don't ever clean the rust off of their knives... H1 would be a great improvement to the original design.

for now, keep buying up the current chokwes!
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

amar wrote:H1 Delica
That would be the Salt.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
chipped

Post by chipped »

Why don't all of the Salts use the Rescue handle mold? It seems like most regular models are switching to choils.

I'd like to see that, and if possible a general update in to bi-directional grip patterns. It'd probably be cheaper if they standardized all Salts to just a small and large handle without Rescue and plain.

Some models with wire-clips. Maybe make it compatible with the regular barrel-bolts and sell a few SFO only.

A standard shape fixed blade field knife. Something like a Jumpaster or Warrior (full tang and good sized) but with a more regular blade shape in H1 would be amazing. Maybe something Izula-like as well.

One model with slightly different handles. Dunno how, but just that looks nicer but still work-ready so that more people will take H1 seriously for everyday use and not see it just for "dive knives."
vivi

Post by vivi »

H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick

:D

H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
H1 Swick
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

chipped wrote:Why don't all of the Salts use the Rescue handle mold? It seems like most regular models are switching to choils.
I for one would be totally cool with this! I've always found the rescue handle comfier and more versatile than classic E3 style handle used for the pacific salt...
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

yowzer wrote:The Remote Release just screams for H1 - a knife designed to be clipped to PFDs and the like?
+1 on that... That's where my H1 Pac Salt is clipped!

I can't really see any downside to H1. Using any other steel would be a step backwards, like, I don't know, making steam power engines in cars or leaded paint.

My Pac salt felt a little soft initially on the sharpening steel, but this soon went away and 'feels' as hard as regular stainless.... without ANY staining.

But if Sal is reading and contemplating a priority list,

I'll 2nd; Native, Chokwe

and add to the suggestion list an all H1 stainless Poliwog...they really are an awesome little knife!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

H1 Ti Mille would be great - then again there is the issue of the FFG grind in the Millie :(

H1 Delica would be awesome - and no... I don't mean the Salt I. I have that one and I abuse the **** out of it. My Rock Salt wil also be suitably abused this holiday season when I will be using it all summer :P well... as much as I am able to anyhow.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

+1 for the H-1!
I'd love to see an H-1 EDC fixed blade. Something along the lines of a Swick or rather a StreetBeat would be AWESOME!!
A heavy use H-1 folder would be great too. An H-1 ParaMilitary would be great, especially in a 4mm stock.
H-1 Lava would be cute, also.
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

HI Calypso JR with a saber grind and lime green scales.
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

1st off: an H1 slipjoint (UKPK design, or something new :) ). Maybe a yellow FRN UKPK featuring H1 instead of GIN-1?

2nd: upgrade the FRN of the current salt folders to the new bi-directional instead of the volcano grip. My Delica 4 feels much better in my hand than my Salt I does, even though I'd take H1 over ZDP-189 ;)

3rd: a heavy duty folder with a huge backlock (manix 1 style); full H1 steel liners, lock, and ofcourse blade; topped off with either G10 or CF handles. It'll probably be too expensive to produce though ;)
skunk_2

Post by skunk_2 »

Whieee wrote:1st off: an H1 slipjoint (UKPK design, or something new :) ). Maybe a yellow FRN UKPK featuring H1 instead of GIN-1?
+1!! that has the makings of the perfect EDC imho, a fairly cheap, simple, light, comfy, trouble free knife! :D my next knife is going to be a gin-1 drop point frn ukpk anyway tho!