any places to pick up a Spyderco on the island of Kauai?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ColonelX1

any places to pick up a Spyderco on the island of Kauai?

Post by ColonelX1 »

in a few weeks im going to the island of kauai for a well deserved vacation with the family, and since i have had bad experiences with the TSA stealing my tools in the past, ive decided id rather pick up a knife on the island and then mail it home.

so, are there any places on the island i could go and pick myself up a spyder? ideally a Salt1 or ladybug salt.

anyone know of such a place?

Cheers!

The Colonel
Pick a Card, Any Card

:My Spyders:spyder:
Orange G10 Wharnie Urban 064v
Blue/grey Waved Delica 4 (gifted to my close friend who is headed to Anapolis)
Black FRN Jester Ghetto Wave

ATS-55 SS harpy in full spyder edge!(loved, and then gifted to a Plebe at annapolis)
Carbon Fiber KIWI
Manix2CE 064v Ghetto Wave
SSSE Cricket
Delica4 full SE Ghetto Wave

May your food be rich, your knives be honed, your women be sweet, and your good friends stoned.
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

I'm not exactly sure if UPS will do this, but as far as I can tell there is a UPS store on Kauai. Maybe you could ship your knives to them, and use the UPS store kind of like a post office.
Like I said, I don't know if UPS actually provides this kind of service, but it's something to look into.
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Might also try contacting your hotel and asking if it would be possible to mail a package there to arrive ahead of you and be held for you.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Noble

Post by Noble »

I live on Oahu...Are you stopping in at HNL Airport first then flying to Kauai? Or do you have a direct flight? If you are comming in to Honolulu (HNL) First, I know a great store to pick up Spyderco's about a 30 minute drive away from the airport. As far as I know, when I was in Kauai, I didnt know of any place that carried Spyderco.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Noble wrote:I live on Oahu...Are you stopping in at HNL Airport first then flying to Kauai? Or do you have a direct flight? If you are comming in to Honolulu (HNL) First, I know a great store to pick up Spyderco's about a 30 minute drive away from the airport. As far as I know, when I was in Kauai, I didnt know of any place that carried Spyderco.
Are you saying TSA does not inspect luggage and passengers on inter-island flights?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Noble

Post by Noble »

TSA will let your knives pass through checked baggage. I just got back from San Diego and shipped all my spyders in my checked bags. Also inter Island, so long as its checked Baggage.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

Padlock the Spyderhole to the internal frame of your checked luggage. Or travel with a gun box. Even less than honest TSA agents won't mess with that.

In fact, having a gun box in your checked luggage will probably ensure it is babied through all the way.
JD Spydo

You can travel with knives

Post by JD Spydo »

Noble wrote:TSA will let your knives pass through checked baggage. I just got back from San Diego and shipped all my spyders in my checked bags. Also inter Island, so long as its checked Baggage.
I haven't flown in a couple of years but in 07 I was flying a lot that year and in every case I just simply went up to those TSA guys and told them that I had knives and other related items in my "check on luggage" and they didn't give me any jive at all. I only have had one TSA agent even want to look at any of the knives I was traveling with and the only reason he wanted to look at them was because he told me he was an avid knife collector himself.

The last time I went to the BLADE show in ATlanta I had no problems at Hartsfield Airport at all. I've heard from friends of mine that the Hawaian Islands are very friendly and laid back for the most part.

And if you are indeed a Military man I think you can even have automatic blades from what I've been told as long as you have your military ID on you. Also make sure that the knives are packaged well. They do appreciate it when you package them safely. I even took 2 Cold STeel Gurkha Kukris with me on one trip back in 07 and they didn't even want to look at them.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!