Gone in 2010.........

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MCM

Gone in 2010.........

Post by MCM »

Just ordered a CF Kopa from the Shoppe.
Asked about what was going away in 2010.......
Nows the time! :)

C41CFP CF Native,
C78PBK/PSBK Native 3 LWT
"Caly 3 G-10, Superhawk, Barong, Khukuri, Captain, Persian, ALL Kopa's, SpydeRench, Spin, Kiwi CF, Centofante 4, and a bunch of other odds 'n ends.
Looks like all "etched" models going away as well.
Also, the Hossom (Forester/Forager/Woodlander/Dayhiker) series are going, going, gone... .

So, whats going to be "New" in 2010? :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Ladybug Hawkbill, Bug XL, hopefully new Ladybug blade shapes...all new for 2010.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

And the Rock Salt is staying? :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
araneae

Post by araneae »

I hope the Caly 3 G-10 is just switching to a different color handle. It's too good to go. Not a whole lot of other surprises. The Native 3 is a bit surprising. The Cento is a great knife, but they had a long respectable run. I need to get a Barong before they are gone.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I heard exactly the same list the other day!!! Some I understand, some I dont, but the Caly 3G10? Isnt that a classic workhorse?? The Kopa dynasty also ending? I only have one, but it seemed such a great platform! Some of the others are very new! Oh well, the laws of supply and demand must be at work here.

To repeat the OP - wonder what new things are going to suck the $$$ from my wallet next year!!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Free Radical

Post by Free Radical »

Don't all Kopa's go away after 600?

Anybody know when the Kopa series is going to end?
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HONESTY COMMUNICATION ACCURACY SPEED[/CENTER]
[CENTER] "Spyderco proudly sets the standard in cutlery and other markets by delivering innovative, reliable, high-performance products. We always extend our best effort to conduct business in an honest, fair and proper manner. Our success is measured by making money and having fun."[/CENTER]
MCM

Post by MCM »

Anybody know when the Kopa series is going to end?

ALL Kopa's end in 2010, looks like the CF is the last one.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I'll post an official list soon.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

MCM wrote:Barong, Khukuri, Captain
Sad to see those go, they were some of the more interesting designs to hit the scene in the past few years. :(

But here's to the future! :D
Eighth of Eight

Post by Eighth of Eight »

Well I guess I'd better buy a Cap'm, Persian and Woodlander before its too late.
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
D'fly PE - D'fly SE - S.P.O.T. PE - '09 Swick - Caly 3 SE - Native DLC SE - Manix 2 SE - Tasman Salt SE - Saver Salt SE - Dodo SE - MT05P - Centofonte 3 - Yin/Yang - Baby Goddard - MT06P -
Swick 2 - '09 Meercat - Superhawk - C101GPBL2 Blue Manix 2
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Disappointing, I don't have money for a Hossom. Unless they can still be found later next year for a decent price I will have to wait and get a Temp2 instead. Little smaller but oh well.
Hopefully my trade on the blade forums nets me a Barong. Other then that nothing really on that list I want right now.

Good to see the Police 3 still lives. I am anxiously waiting for the new ladybug hawk, D'Allara, TI Millie, FRN PK (for my dad), and many otherss I am looking forward to seeing.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

TazKristi wrote:I'll post an official list soon.

Kristi
Not saying the above list isn't accurate, but it might be prudent to wait for the official list from Kristi before making any hasty purchase decisions. :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Oh, crap, so many good models being discontinued... so much money already spent on spydies....
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Jay_Ev wrote:Not saying the above list isn't accurate, but it might be prudent to wait for the official list from Kristi before making any hasty purchase decisions. :o
Like buying a Spydie is ever a bad decision?

I hope the Barong being discontinued is only a rumor. That's too good of a knife to only get 1 year..
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I heard about the same list but with the addition of all the se zdp enduras and delicas. I also saw the frn se VG-10 stretch in the mix but that ones seems pretty hasty
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

spoonrobot wrote:Sad to see those go, they were some of the more interesting designs to hit the scene in the past few years. :(

But here's to the future! :D
Definately sad to see those go, I love my khukuri its such a great/unique shape. I have been wanting to pick up a captain as well but it just keeps getting pushed back..
and we look forward to see what 2010 brings us kristi! :)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Hope the Caly and Kopas aren't gone for real.

Secured a Dayhiker and Forrester at closeout prices so I'm good to go. They look great, but the normal prices were high and :spyder: still mostly known for folders.

Not surprised if some of the others on the list go.

Sverre
Billy

Post by Billy »

Head's up folks...knifecenter posted a serious sale yesterday on alot of these discos. Great prices for sure.
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... rq%3Dsuper

I know Kristi has said in the past it was OK to help out other forum members with deals and steals, so hopefully this is OK to post as well. If not, zap it.
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

NoFair wrote:Hope the Caly and Kopas aren't gone for real.

Secured a Dayhiker and Forrester at closeout prices so I'm good to go. They look great, but the normal prices were high and :spyder: still mostly known for folders.

Not surprised if some of the others on the list go.

Sverre
Obviously, we have to wait for Kristi, or someone else from Spyderco, to post the official list. But I can't really imagine Spyderco would specifically mention Kopas in the new Collector's Club Agreement paperwork if the series had already been selected for retirement. Close outs and clearance sales on existing models do not necessarily mean the model is being dropped, as has been noted it may just be one color/material being replaced by a new one, as happened when the black UKPK was dropped to make way for the green and has already occurred several times with the Kiwi.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Billy wrote:Head's up folks...knifecenter posted a serious sale yesterday on alot of these discos. Great prices for sure.
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... rq%3Dsuper

I know Kristi has said in the past it was OK to help out other forum members with deals and steals, so hopefully this is OK to post as well. If not, zap it.
thanks, i ordered a few things. use "NEWSLETTER" if you spend over 145 and get $5 off.

as for the kopas i would put money on this years kopas going extinict, not future ones.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D