Favorite Kershaw knife and why..

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MANIXWORLD

Favorite Kershaw knife and why..

Post by MANIXWORLD »

First off,Spydies are the Best,but i do like a couple of Kershaw knives alot..Which do you like? Mine are the Leeks and Junkyard dog.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

zdp titanium mini cyclone- its one of those knives that when held feels perfect to me-

was my edc for a few years till i got a g10 poliwog-it does duoble duty as a money clip-

i still find time to fondle the mini :) once in a while for old times sake
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

JYD 2, Ti framelock, SG2 blade 3 3/4th inch PE. The only fault I find is the flipper could be a tad bigger for my numb, arthritic hands. It's a very nice slicer using a clean, high quality steel that came from the factory able to whittle hairs.

The only factory, or custom knife that out of the box, could slice with the Stretch 2. It's built well, but not as ergonomic as the Spyderco stretch 2. That's my opinion anyway.

second place is a tie between the ZT 0100 in 3V, and the 0200 in 154cm
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

I mention this a lot; the Kershaw RAM.

Why you ask? It is one of the fastest, most ergonomic folders I've ever used. Couple this with the top notch blade profile, and excellent materials and you have my favorite Kershaw knife. :)

It's one of the few non-Spyderco knives I've used for long-term EDC. :p

FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I've owned almost as many Kershaws as Spydies, I like a lot of their designs. Here is my favorite however, the Kershaw OD-1. I've modified mine slightly, I cut out the one liner under the G-10 which dropped .3oz from the weight and I polished the blade a little to get rid of the bead blast finish. One day I will make it perfect by buying a small tap and relocating the clip screw holes to the very end of the handle where Kershaw should have put them in the first place! :) It makes a perfect EDC, very fast to open and super strong with stainless steel framelock.
Attachments
Sean's Pics 043 (Large).jpg
Sean's Pics 043 (Large).jpg (92.85 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
Sean's Pics 041 (Large).jpg
Sean's Pics 041 (Large).jpg (86.36 KiB) Viewed 3446 times
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

the leek since it's the only one I've ever had :o
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

I'm a fan of the Ken Onion series. I've never owned one but I've handled a few. Simple, functional, and reasonable in price. Nothing to complain about really.
drf

Post by drf »

I just got a Ti Tyrade in the mail Friday. It is only my second Kershaw-first was a Leek I was less than impressed with. Despite my inclination toward smaller, lighter knives with 3" blades I really like the Tyrade. I am sure it will see more carry time when the weather gets cooler and I wear more jeans. It is way too heavy to carry with the shorts I usually wear this time of year.
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

My Ti handled, ZDP-189 leek is pretty cool.
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
ColonelX1

Post by ColonelX1 »

Leek, Shallot, Chive in that order
Pick a Card, Any Card

:My Spyders:spyder:
Orange G10 Wharnie Urban 064v
Blue/grey Waved Delica 4 (gifted to my close friend who is headed to Anapolis)
Black FRN Jester Ghetto Wave

ATS-55 SS harpy in full spyder edge!(loved, and then gifted to a Plebe at annapolis)
Carbon Fiber KIWI
Manix2CE 064v Ghetto Wave
SSSE Cricket
Delica4 full SE Ghetto Wave

May your food be rich, your knives be honed, your women be sweet, and your good friends stoned.
Kuolema

Post by Kuolema »

The first knife I ever bought was a Leek, great knife, still use it from time to time.
MCM

Post by MCM »

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......

Post by 5.56 »

G10/S30v Leek

-Rob

Knuckle dragger
Superfuzz

Post by Superfuzz »

I have a Black Damascus Leek, that is really nice.
Your friends are important to your survival...they give the enemy someone else to shoot at.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

These are all good choices. I have quite a few, and like them too. That Ti Bumb is a classic. I have a green one also.

The old Ti Talon hawkbill in ATS 34 is a classic too.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

FLYBYU44 wrote:I've owned almost as many Kershaws as Spydies, I like a lot of their designs. Here is my favorite however, the Kershaw OD-1. I've modified mine slightly, I cut out the one liner under the G-10 which dropped .3oz from the weight and I polished the blade a little to get rid of the bead blast finish. One day I will make it perfect by buying a small tap and relocating the clip screw holes to the very end of the handle where Kershaw should have put them in the first place! :) It makes a perfect EDC, very fast to open and super strong with stainless steel framelock.
I second that completely with truely functional designs and that beadblast blades should be sanded to a polished blade because of the fact that it attracts rust and hides the beauty of the bladesteel. They look good,feel good and cut good..that what a knife should do.
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

The titanium Bumps might be my favorite. Just a great looking knife with the performance to match. The Tyrade is pretty sweet too.
~ Nate
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

[quote="The Mastiff"]JYD 2, Ti framelock, SG2 blade 3 3/4th inch PE. The only fault I find is the flipper could be a tad bigger for my numb, arthritic hands. It's a very nice slicer using a clean, high quality steel that came from the factory able to whittle hairs.

I would have to agree with you here, I have this knife as well and I really like it alot, sharpest out of the box blade I have ever seen. I am pretty happy overall, my only complaint is the pocket clip, Its gigantic, fairly pointy and I dont think they could have picked an uglier design. All in all a great folder at a reasonable price!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Two of my favorite Kershaws both I have used and owned for many years now are the Amphibian and Military Boot Knife...both are great knives IMO....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

The Kershaw Blur Red.
I like its blade shape.
The Trac-tec inserts provide good grip but also destroys my pockets very effectively :p
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"