what is the harp tool like?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
diver15

what is the harp tool like?

Post by diver15 »

the harp tool looked kind of cool but i was wondering if it was sturdey enough to do all the things it has tools for. knowing that it was made by spyderco i can be sure it is of the higest quality but i would like to know what kind of things it can do. pictures and reviews are welcome. thank you. :D
diver15

Post by diver15 »

dont tell me that nobody owns a byrd harp tool!!
oregon

Post by oregon »

It saved my very life.

I was able to pull the cork from a bottle of wine while at altitude in Yellowstone and in need of relief for the inner man. The corkscrew worked without flaw. It paid for itself several times over that day.

All the best,

oregon
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

oregon wrote:It saved my very life.

I was able to pull the cork from a bottle of wine while at altitude in Yellowstone and in need of relief for the inner man. The corkscrew worked without flaw. It paid for itself several times over that day.

All the best,

oregon
lol good testimonial oregon :D

I have one, the build quality is good.....the most used implement on mine is the phillipshead screwdriver....honestly i don't use it much.....as I have a SAK Climber on me most the time....but it's worth checking out...here's a pic...

brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

How is the saw on these? Have you used it to cut anything? The saw on the one I handled didn't seem all that sharp.

Bruceter
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Bruceter wrote:How is the saw on these? Have you used it to cut anything? The saw on the one I handled didn't seem all that sharp.

Bruceter
Bruceter, to be honest i wasn't too impressed by the saw on mine either.
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Andre V

Post by Andre V »

I have had one for quite a while and admit i dont use it for much, I have used the corkscrew and the screwdrivers occasionally though.

None of the tools lock they are all held in place by tension of the frame. I think from a cool factor point of view and for the price its worth getting, but if you plan to use it as a tool you might be better off with a SAK or a multi tool.
"So many knives, so little pockets"
diver15

Post by diver15 »

what is an SAK?
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

diver15 wrote:what is an SAK?
Swiss Army Knife
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Anyone use the "hammer"
oregon

Post by oregon »

GarageBoy wrote:Anyone use the "hammer"
The hammer is like the doctor's tool used to test your reflexes by tapping on you at certain places.

Have you never played doctor? You need this. If you are lucky there will come a time and a place.

The Harp is like Clark Kent in his business suit. Ready to kick *** at a moments notice. Mild mannered...

Terrific pic jaislandboy. Thank you.

oregon
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

oregon wrote:The hammer is like the doctor's tool used to test your reflexes by tapping on you at certain places.

Have you never played doctor? You need this. If you are lucky there will come a time and a place.

The Harp is like Clark Kent in his business suit. Ready to kick *** at a moments notice. Mild mannered...

Terrific pic jaislandboy. Thank you.

oregon
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: Hey...If my wife will be the nurse, or better yet, the patient :eek: , I'll buy one :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!