I guess this maybe it (Mule team Sold out) Will there be more in 52100

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
aj1985

I guess this maybe it (Mule team Sold out) Will there be more in 52100

Post by aj1985 »

Hey guys how are yah

I called the SFO and they took down my phone number and name, but they said this was a hot item and it's sold out. They will still double check, but I'm sure such a great knife wasn't gonna last this long anyway.

I also am quite surprised that UPS was the only shipping method and to ship to Canada was $25. Can we please for the future mule teams do something about this.

So Sal will there be more left for people that didn't get any

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Will V.

Post by Will V. »

If you want, you can have it shipped to me, and I will send it to you in Canada via any way you want, at cost (I can take PayPal for shipping charges). I've done this for other items before, for people in Canada and the UK. Of course, I do not want to do this for 50 people, but I am happy to do it for a few.

I am fairly new here, but I have many references in the watch collecting world, and a few from knife collecting.
"leave shiny footprints"
- Sal
-
Member, International Order of the Spyderedge!
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

Will V. wrote:If you want, you can have it shipped to me, and I will send it to you in Canada via any way you want, at cost (I can take PayPal for shipping charges). I've done this for other items before, for people in Canada and the UK. Of course, I do not want to do this for 50 people, but I am happy to do it for a few.

I am fairly new here, but I have many references in the watch collecting world, and a few from knife collecting.
thats very kind of young jedi you have learned well from SAL :D . Right now there are no Mules left at Spyderco, because they are all sold out.

Hopefully I can still snag one, because I have received an offer from a forumite and hopefully he will sell me his.

aj

P.S thank you for the offer eh it's very much appreciated
Live in every breath

tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

oh well...at first i didnt want to bombard the SFO because everybody else was..then i just got lazy in the last couple of days :o ...guess i'll wait till part 2 of the mule team. i kind of like the idea of the blue steel or maybe some damascus.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

Tony - I am in the same boat as you. I JUST got off the phone with SFO (Krystal?) after reading this post, thought I better get one before its too late.

Q. I asked if all the 600 had been produced?
A. She did not know.

Q. I asked if I could give her my CC number and preorder?
A. No.

Q. When will more possibly be available?
A. She did not know.

I was advised to call back tomorrow at approx 10AM MST.

Never know, hard to imagine that 600 went so quickly but I guess its just my fault for waiting.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

wow, reminds me of a Busse-ganza :eek:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

I'm not sure who the person on the phone was. She did say that half went to the dealers.

200 collector club
200 dealers
200 left for everyone else

This is the only assumption I can make

aj
Live in every breath

Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

aj - that makes more sense. I would guess the Dealers will be adding quite a bit to the price so it appears that us slow buyers are out of luck.

Good Luck aj - hope you score one!
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
TazKristi

Clarifying

Post by TazKristi »

Ok, there was a misunderstanding somewhere, so let me see if I can clarify it.

There were 200 MT01P(s) shipped to Collectors. These were shipped to their chosen Dealers.

That left 400 MT01P(s) to sell through SFO through our site.

There were NOT any MT01P(s) shipped to Dealers who are not associated to the Collectors Club. Dealers have the ability to order, but they also must order through SFO. To my knowledge, very few if any have done that due to the Net Price. Those that we have spoke to want to honor Sal's intent for this project, which is to allow you all to purchase them at the Net Price. Given shipping charges and costs associated with processing orders, it would be difficult for a Dealer to sell an MT01P and make up their own costs.

As for the MT01P being sold out, due to early issues (orders we had to exclude) we had to take a hard count to verify how many we have left. At this moment we have 65 still available. Inventory on the site has been updated. Once those are gone, they are gone. We will switch the MT01P to the "Discontinued" section once it's sold out.

Hope this helps!

Kristi

Hope this helps.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
slick228

Post by slick228 »

TazKristi wrote:As for the MT01P being sold out, due to early issues (orders we had to exclude) we had to take a hard count to verify how many we have left. At this moment we have 65 still available. Inventory on the site has been updated. Once those are gone, they are gone. We will switch the MT01P to the "Discontinued" section once it's sold out.

Hope this helps!

Kristi

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the information. Order placed through the website. :D

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Thanks for the heads up Kristi..i ordered one as well through the site.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
butch

Post by butch »

just put mine in also

guess i l have to be on the ball next time around so i dont cut it so close
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i'm glad i stayed on top of things, and was able to get a mule when they were available. almost got two, but figured maybe i'd be preventing someone else from owning one. can't believe how quickly this model sold out!

i'm eagerly awaiting the next mule, that's for sure!