Mule team on SFO site

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
gaj999

Mule team on SFO site

Post by gaj999 »

It's up. Just ordered mine.

Gordon
Will V.

Post by Will V. »

Me, too. Picked up a closeout UKPK while I was at it.
"leave shiny footprints"
- Sal
-
Member, International Order of the Spyderedge!
messer454

Post by messer454 »

Mine keeps saying "can not connect to verisign payment gateway". It won't let me pay for them!!!
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

wooohooo! thanks for the heads up :)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

I guess I will have to call them tomorrow for sure now, because I gotta speak to the warranty department as well.

Btw anyone know whats the production run is on these

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

they dont have the handled variant.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

just picked up mine... can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!! been waiting for my chance to get a mule for a while now... :D

(and i hope it arrives in the next 12 days, before i move to alaska!)
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

aj1985 wrote:
Btw anyone know whats the production run is on these

aj
600 is what I was told when I picked up mine today.
Vincent wrote:they dont have the handled variant.
There is no handled variant.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
foxquads

More Spydies!

Post by foxquads »

I just lightened my wallet more by ordering the Mule and the SS Native...
:spyder: :D :p
Louis
GeorgeMaggos

I Got Mine

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

I ordered mine as well I cant wait to get it :)

This info below is on the mule team page it answers some of the question being asked.

~George

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the Spyderco Mule Team?

Spyderco’s Mule Team officially launches with a single-piece fixed blade pattern. The blade is leaf-shaped with a sharpened and finished PlainEdge blade but with an unfinished handle providing some a do-it-yourself opportunity. The unfinished handle has a series of holes for attaching a custom handle or for wrapping in cord. All Mule Team Pieces are sold without handle scales or a carry sheath focusing the project on the blade steel and opening the door for the owner to create his/her own handle scale and carry options.

How many and how often will they be released?

Our plan is to release several variations per year using the same fixed blade pattern produced with different exotic steels. Each steel offering is limited to approximately 600 pieces and engraved indicating the steel used. Variations are priced accordingly with the only cost variable being the steel itself. Prices will be announced prior to the release of the upcoming model.

How can I buy them?

All purchases are handled through Spyderco Factory Outlet (SFO).
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
Slick

Post by Slick »

I am getting errors. Ordering and at the Spyderco site. It is late in Golden so I'll try tomarrow morning . If I can not get through I will eventually be p****d.

Good gosh I hate my current computer.
Not really all that slick ;)
messer454

Post by messer454 »

I finally got through after 1 hour of trying. I think the ordering software got too many people on it or something?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Slick wrote:I am getting errors. Ordering and at the Spyderco site. It is late in Golden so I'll try tomarrow morning . If I can not get through I will eventually be p****d.

Good gosh I hate my current computer.
Dude chill out and just use the telephone tomorrow. Call the SFO and pay over the phone with your debit/credit card. They are real friendly there. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
gac

Post by gac »

Yeah! I ordered mine at just before 7 PM. Just before 5 PM I ordered a Native from the Wal Mart website.
WinstonWolf

Post by WinstonWolf »

just tried to order, says out of stock!?!?!
I hope this is a fluke, I'll call SFO in the morning.
Will V.

Post by Will V. »

Nevermind.
"leave shiny footprints"
- Sal
-
Member, International Order of the Spyderedge!
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

The SFO only listed 50 as in stock to start with because thats all they had today. So when it says "out of stock" that means only the first 50 are sold. More will come soon. So dont worry everyone they will be back up and running soon.

Also everyone, lets try to remember that the SFO is a two man shop. Lynnette and Jim are the only 2 employees (plus 1 or two part time, but only two people are working at a time) and they ship all the knives are ordered worldwide, daily, as well as deal with instore traffic, and answer phonecalls. All the works. My whole point is, lets try to give them a little bit of a break tomorrow, they have at least 50 knives to ship it seems along with all the other stuff they do daily. So lets try not to flood them with calls and emails tomorrow.

Jim and Lynnette are two great people that work very hard, that deserve every bit a praise I can give them. Lets not leave them grumpy at all us forumites
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Tricod wrote:600 is what I was told when I picked up mine today.

There is no handled variant.
Thats funny, seems there is

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... light=Mule
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

Tricod wrote:The SFO only listed 50 as in stock to start with because thats all they had today. So when it says "out of stock" that means only the first 50 are sold. More will come soon. So dont worry everyone they will be back up and running soon.

Also everyone, lets try to remember that the SFO is a two man shop. Lynnette and Jim are the only 2 employees (plus 1 or two part time, but only two people are working at a time) and they ship all the knives are ordered worldwide, daily, as well as deal with instore traffic, and answer phonecalls. All the works. My whole point is, lets try to give them a little bit of a break tomorrow, they have at least 50 knives to ship it seems along with all the other stuff they do daily. So lets try not to flood them with calls and emails tomorrow.

Jim and Lynnette are two great people that work very hard, that deserve every bit a praise I can give them. Lets not leave them grumpy at all us forumites
I couldn't have said it better!

I know people here get impatient when a new model is about to hit the streets, but SFO is a two person operation and they do the best they can. I have been in there and seen probably fifty or sixty boxes on a cart ready to ship. That was just for one day! That is also in addition to taking care of the walk in traffic.(Very well I might add)

Bruceter
araneae

Post by araneae »

Vincent wrote:Thats funny, seems there is

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... light=Mule
The handled "variant" is Sal's personal knife. The mules are Not going to be sold with scales or a sheath.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal