Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Post by 224477 »

anorexicpillow wrote:i found one!!! michael moore in bowling for columbine uses one when they look at the modern home and she stabbs threw the gate, dont know what kind it is looks like an upswept blade.
I guess that one was an FRN endura..
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Damage1978

Post by Damage1978 »

Just caught a glimpse of it but I'm 95% positive I saw a :spyder: Police being used to slash a car tyre in a Missy Elliot music video "Teary Eyes" I think was the name.
Dan
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Jordan

sanctimony

Post by Jordan »

Casper Van Dien uses a police model in the movie Sanctimony... at least, I believe its a police... I'd get a screen shot if I had the DVD. I seem to remember it recurring in many scenes. Not a bad flic really, would probably have made some money had it had the cast and script to compete with American Psycho... which it does not.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Saw a Police used by "one of the bad guys" (the actor who plays the Pharaoh in The Mummy Returns) in Hard Target starring J.C. van Damme!
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
PSU

Blood Angels

Post by PSU »

I was flipping through the TV channels and stopped on a terrible low budget horror movie on Spike TV called Blood Angels. In the part that I saw, 2 girls were being accosted by a group of punks. From what I can remember, a fight started and one of the punks whipped out a steel handled Spyderco. One of the girls ended up stabbing & killing the punk with the knife. It was a fairly short sighting but I believe that it was an Endura or a Police model.

About an hour later I stopped on the channel and there was another fight which included a brief appearance by another steel handled Spyderco.

The parts of the movie that I saw were terrible but at least I saw a few :spyder: s

Tom
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

I actually say a Police in the movie. "Needful Things" I thinks it called.

The guy uses his SE Police to skin a dog alive. :o
Rock
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Some guy on "Desperate Housewives" was using a black bladed CE Military! My wife thought I was crazy when I nearly went into convulsions, hollering,"Its a Spyderco, it's a Spyderco!" :D :spyder: My first sighting on TV :)
NorthShore

Post by NorthShore »

That's so funny the same thing happen to me.

I was'nt watching though, I just happen to be walking by :D :D

no really!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

NorthShore wrote:That's so funny the same thing happen to me.

I was'nt watching though, I just happen to be walking by :D :D

no really!
\
Sounds like a rather "Desperate" reply there? :p
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

Axlis wrote:Some guy on "Desperate Housewives" was using a black bladed CE Military! My wife thought I was crazy when I nearly went into convulsions, hollering,"Its a Spyderco, it's a Spyderco!" :D :spyder: My first sighting on TV :)
same here...she asked me arn't those "knives you have"...and I laughed! He did open it pretty fast! (btw, my wife was watching the show not me, ha-ha.)
CKE

Post by CKE »

Just caught that tonight too. My wife just started to roll her eyes as I jumped off the couch :D

Heck of a way to slice an apple :cool:
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I watched the second part of that very bad TV movie call Cat 7.I belive either a Harpy or Merlin was used the cut a guy out of his seatbelt.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Yesterday I watched an episode of "Combat Missions" (an American TV show in which various Elite groupes play against each other).

I saw one of the SEALS waving a combo edged Delica around(at least I think it was a Delica CE :confused: )
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

J Smith wrote:I watched the second part of that very bad TV movie call Cat 7.I belive either a Harpy or Merlin was used the cut a guy out of his seatbelt.
I caught that, I wondered it anyone else had.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Senate

Post by Senate »

Axlis wrote:Some guy on "Desperate Housewives" was using a black bladed CE Military! My wife thought I was crazy when I nearly went into convulsions, hollering,"Its a Spyderco, it's a Spyderco!" :D :spyder: My first sighting on TV :)
Hello Axlis
if you could tell me which episode it was I'll try to get some screencaps...
thanks! :cool:
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

I saw an endura (?) being used in the repair of a demolition derby type car, but I can't remember the name of the show. Oh well, tough job = tough knives
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

Ace thread, there's a film with tommy lee jones in I think, where he is the bad guy and he's chasing the good guy (a woman) and they both go off the road in cars then he tries to slash her with a spydercard as she escapes the car wreck. Pretty sure she was an assassin in it.
EDIT: scratch that it wasn't tommy lee jones, I just checked his filmography... this is gonna bug me forever now, the only thing i remember clearly about the film was the spydercard (PE)
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

I found another. Nothing spectacular though. I was watching a show on the Science Channel called Understanding. This episode was called "Mysteries of Memory". It was about how the human brain remembers things. They did a segment on how eye witness accounts often times are incorrect. In a reenactment they showed a bad guy holding a SS SE Delica in his hands looking menacing.

I think I get the prize for finding the lamest sighting :D
ASA NISI MASA
Senate

Post by Senate »

Slvgx wrote: I think I get the prize for finding the lamest sighting :D
don't be too hard on yourself my friend,

sharing is caring... :D
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Slvgx wrote:I found another. Nothing spectacular though. I was watching a show on the Science Channel called Understanding. This episode was called "Mysteries of Memory". It was about how the human brain remembers things. They did a segment on how eye witness accounts often times are incorrect. In a reenactment they showed a bad guy holding a SS SE Delica in his hands looking menacing.

I think I get the prize for finding the lamest sighting :D
Off topic but thank god for DNA evidence. So much of our justice system is tied to eye witness testimony :eek: Sorry, most people see and hear what they want to see and hear, or if they don't understand, their mind fills in the blanks with an "educated" guess. I remember a case where a LEO had to shoot a perp that was in the process of running him down on a motorbike. Several eye witnesses or in this case "ear witnesses", claimed the cop shot the perp after he crashed and was no longer a threat, as they had heard the gunfire after the wreck and not the cause of the wreck. Expert testimony by Ayoob showed that the witnesses were so far away that the sound wave of gunfire would only reach their ears after the shot perp. wrecked his bike and not just prior to the wreck.

Sounds like a great show and a good siting...although not to thrilled they show the sheeple a Spyderco as an example of a menacing character tool...
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.