Random: General Spydie Chat

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Random: General Spydie Chat

Post by Evil D »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:08 am
Jesus!! Can't even see your knuckles or any bones in your hand!

Yeah I normally have pretty pronounced knuckles and veiny hands.

My left one is even funnier.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Good grief David! That looks crazy. Do you know how many times you got stung?

Ha at first I thought that was a Native in your paw. :winking-tongue
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:35 am

Today it looks like only one in each hand but yesterday I thought the right one got about three. I get some prescription grade and antihistamines and some steroids.
~David
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

That should help. It will probably be itchy for a couple days. I got stung two or three times by the same wasp/hornet earlier this year, before he met his demise.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Image Got the Chief in today and decided to snap a picture of the full collection! To be honest I didn’t realize I’d amassed this many Spydies but I’m pretty happy with the pieces I’ve picked up. Ladybug, Tasman, Carribean, an Endura and Pacific Salt are SE — the rest are PE. Think that Chief might be the last new one for me, there’s no way I could ever wear all these out in my lifetime! Great brand, I’ll continue to enthusiastically recommend them.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

That’s a pretty solid selection there!
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:19 pm
Image Got the Chief in today and decided to snap a picture of the full collection! To be honest I didn’t realize I’d amassed this many Spydies but I’m pretty happy with the pieces I’ve picked up. Ladybug, Tasman, Carribean, an Endura and Pacific Salt are SE — the rest are PE. Think that Chief might be the last new one for me, there’s no way I could ever wear all these out in my lifetime! Great brand, I’ll continue to enthusiastically recommend them.
Nice family!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
James Y

Post by James Y »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:43 am
The Meat man wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:35 am

Today it looks like only one in each hand but yesterday I thought the right one got about three. I get some prescription grade and antihistamines and some steroids.

Wow! You’ve gotta stop stealing honey from beehives!

:zany

Get better quickly!

Jim
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Funny pictures but ouch David. Hope the meds take care of it.

*Remember this next time someone aks "Why do you need a large knife?"

Because my hands might swell up if I get stung by bees.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Seriously, how many knives does a knife knut need?

I know that I have WAY too many knives to ever really use, and could qualify as an unhinged knife weirdo even after moving on 60% of my accumulation...

I know this has been brought up several times, as how many knives do you really need etc. and some people have gotten down to just a handful of knives, but I'm not looking to do that...I just want to free up some of the money that never sees the light of day but when I start to separate them out, it is WAY harder than one would think.

Am I the only one who finds it exponentially easier to accumulate these things than it is to decide which ones should go? The crux of the issue perhaps...

Haha, maybe I just needed to type this out...any personal experience or insight is welcome though!

Thanks all!
So it goes.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I've sold em all and bought em all. Have as much fun as you can afford. Life is short, do what makes you happy.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
kobold

Post by kobold »

A SAK, a Mora, a Tramontina and a folder or two is sufficient but also boring.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Spyderco needs more blasted & stonewashed contoured Titanium in their lineup, like the Swayback & Slysz Bowie.
So it goes.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Airlsee wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:17 pm

I know that I have WAY too many knives to ever really use, and could qualify as an unhinged knife weirdo even after moving on 60% of my accumulation...

I know this has been brought up several times, as how many knives do you really need etc. and some people have gotten down to just a handful of knives, but I'm not looking to do that...I just want to free up some of the money that never sees the light of day but when I start to separate them out, it is WAY harder than one would think.

Am I the only one who finds it exponentially easier to accumulate these things than it is to decide which ones should go? The crux of the issue perhaps...

Haha, maybe I just needed to type this out...any personal experience or insight is welcome though!

Thanks all!
Airlsee wrote: Spyderco needs more blasted & stonewashed contoured Titanium in their lineup, like the Swayback & Slysz Bowie.
These two messages following themselves are part of your little problem I guess :rofl
It is hard to separate yourself from a model because each knife is different and you find "usefulness" in every one of 'em!

We humans do tend to accumulate things, for some like us it is knives, for others it's sneakers, guns, stamps, champagne capsules... Collecting comes from emotions, it's not that logical ^^.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Airlsee wrote:

Thanks all!
you need 1 good knife and a backup. That being said Ive got around 70 :squinting-tongue
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

Airlsee wrote:
Seriously, how many knives does a knife knut need?9o

Thanks all!

I never sell my knives, so I've only accumulated. So I'm no help there...

I long ago ceased caring if anyone else thinks I'm a weirdo. As far as my interests go, including knives, I suppose I AM kinda weird. Better to be a little weird than "normal" and boring, IMO. 😜

As far as knives go, I own more than most people do (most of which are Spyderco), but I seem to own fewer knives than a LOT of people on these forums have. One great thing about knives, at least if they're folders, is that they take up very little space. Especially compared to many other things that people collect. If I wanted to put all of the knives I own in one place, folding and fixed blade, they could all easily fit into a single clothes drawer, with room to spare.

Jim
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

One is none, two is one. Beyond that is excess. Too bad I cannot live it as easily as I say it. :eye-roll

My goal is to someday get down to James Y’s size collection. :')
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My collection is more of a timeline of my constantly evolving tastes. It tells a story if you understand the language.
~David
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I have too many, and not enough, at the same time.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:59 pm
My collection is more of a timeline of my constantly evolving tastes. It tells a story if you understand the language.
Would love for this forum to have a like button, just this once.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds