BHQ Exclusive Tanto PM2 - M4/Jade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: BHQ Exclusive Tanto PM2 - M4/Jade

Post by Evil D »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:53 am
Sounds like this one was a struggle!

I've had no interest in the Tanto PM2s but might eventually pick one up if someone does an exclusive that interests me. Greg @ SNK you listening?

I find it hard to believe that the Tanto blade shape would be only exclusive to BHQ. I guess we'll see....

Didn't they basically orchestrate it's happening? Wouldn't surprise me if they have some kind of early rights to it. I suspect it'll be standard production eventually.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 am
nerdlock wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:42 am
Ugh...wasn't on my radar but what the heck, gave in...! Surprisingly, after the initial system shock, everything was listed in stock after about 20 mins... Phew. FOMO really kicked in overdrive today hahahaha.
haha, same!

I think waiting may have actually helped us out here.. from everything I've read so far, BHQ was pretty much non-functioning at the drop time and for a period of 10-15 min after the fact. I was able to get my order in 30 min after the drop, and the site was still realllly slow..

hah, I wasn't planning on spending the money on this knife, but now that it's odered, I'm pretty excited about it! :D

Hahaha, this was pretty much a last minute decision for me, the first tanto was way overpriced for what it is (s30v) so pretty much skipped on those 2 releases...but this one in M4, absolutely a smashing steel in my experience with my GB4, made me lose my resistance and willpower. Only thing though, the jade scales just throws me off...I hope it will warm up to my aesthetics. Pretty much resisted every jade BHQ release until now.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Primo

Post by Primo »

No clue how I got one but I did. I did not even realize the release was happening today. It did take many attempts and I did get the DLC which I think looks cool with the Jade G10.

Rob
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:53 am
I find it hard to believe that the Tanto blade shape would be only exclusive to BHQ. I guess we'll see....
DLT confirmed that the tanto shape PM2 is exclusive to BHQ. That was in a recent BF thread. I'm sure they'll do other versions.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

So the liners are uncoated on this, huh? That's too bad because I thought I heard that future comp locks in DLC will have coated liners.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I had one in my cart but it never let me check out. That’s OK, I wasn’t 100% for it anyways. Congrats to everyone who got one though.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

ABX2011 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:01 pm
So the liners are uncoated on this, huh? That's too bad because I thought I heard that future comp locks in DLC will have coated liners.
This probably went through production before that rolling change happened.
- Nick :bug-red
moose1000

Post by moose1000 »

Has anyone ever rit dyed these scales black? Love the steel hate the scales
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I sat this one out, but it sounds like I missed a crazy drop! Congrats to everyone who managed to snag one!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
gbcaffee

Post by gbcaffee »

moose1000 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:23 pm
I dyed an entire set of M4 jade in Grapphite Gray and they look nearly black in hand (very dark gray) but are also translucent. I 'm assuming black would act the same way.

viewtopic.php?t=87037&p=1433472#p1433472

I missed out on the DLC tanto just now due to a work call. I was going to add it to the collection.
moose1000

Post by moose1000 »

gbcaffee wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:35 pm
moose1000 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:23 pm
I dyed an entire set of M4 jade in Grapphite Gray and they look nearly black in hand (very dark gray) but are also translucent. I 'm assuming black would act the same way.

viewtopic.php?t=87037&p=1433472#p1433472

I missed out on the DLC tanto just now due to a work call. I was going to add it to the collection.
Sorry you missed out, thanks for the info will try to go black with them
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:58 am
DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 am
nerdlock wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:42 am
Ugh...wasn't on my radar but what the heck, gave in...! Surprisingly, after the initial system shock, everything was listed in stock after about 20 mins... Phew. FOMO really kicked in overdrive today hahahaha.
haha, same!

I think waiting may have actually helped us out here.. from everything I've read so far, BHQ was pretty much non-functioning at the drop time and for a period of 10-15 min after the fact. I was able to get my order in 30 min after the drop, and the site was still realllly slow..

hah, I wasn't planning on spending the money on this knife, but now that it's odered, I'm pretty excited about it! :D

Hahaha, this was pretty much a last minute decision for me, the first tanto was way overpriced for what it is (s30v) so pretty much skipped on those 2 releases...but this one in M4, absolutely a smashing steel in my experience with my GB4, made me lose my resistance and willpower. Only thing though, the jade scales just throws me off...I hope it will warm up to my aesthetics. Pretty much resisted every jade BHQ release until now.
I've been really curious about the tanto-shape in the PM2, but couldn't bring myself to buy the s30v model either.. the M4 put me over the edge on this one too.. great steel!

I'm with you on the jade.. I thought it looked.. well.. not great.. in stock images online before buying my first BHQ exclusive (Native 5). But I think it looks much, much better in real life than in any picture, and I've come to like it well enough. Don't be surprised if people ask you why it doesn't glow, though.. :p I hope you end up liking the color, but worst-case scenario, I hear it's pretty easy to dye..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
MoeFrappy

Post by MoeFrappy »

I was on the fence about this one and went ahead and bought one. Glad I didn't think on it to long, they sold out fast.
ScottyD

Post by ScottyD »

Rite dye has a synthetic version that works well warmed over stove with vinegar. It works pretty quickly, so be aware if you want a slight change.
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Got my order in at about 25 mins from launch. Had to edit cart as it showed 2 of each. Nothing special, just retry and refresh. When I added to cart, it never loaded to current cart. After trying the dlc and satin page, hit cart and they were there. First checkout submission timed out, second went through on retry.

I wonder if a website gets slower when everyone is trying to load the same two pages, dlc and satin. And/or checkout and carts pages as well. Or is it the load on the domain/website?

Mr. Eric Glesser mentioned on BladeHQ spyderco 2021 youtube video that the Tanto shaped blade is very popular. I hope and think Spyderco will continue with more Tanto releases in the future.
MoeFrappy

Post by MoeFrappy »

Napsterninja wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:30 pm
Got my order in at about 25 mins from launch. Had to edit cart as it showed 2 of each. Nothing special, just retry and refresh. When I added to cart, it never loaded to current cart. After trying the dlc and satin page, hit cart and they were there. First checkout submission timed out, second went through on retry.

I wonder if a website gets slower when everyone is trying to load the same two pages, dlc and satin. And/or checkout and carts pages as well. Or is it the load on the domain/website?

Mr. Eric Glesser mentioned on BladeHQ spyderco 2021 youtube video that the Tanto shaped blade is very popular. I hope and think Spyderco will continue with more Tanto releases in the future.
Are the Tanto PM2s just BHQ exclusives or does Spyderco plan on eventually adding them to their lineup?
atom78

Post by atom78 »

Well, this ebayer has at least 5 listed. I literally created an account (which I'll keep using) just to share their ebay link:

https://www.ebay.com/str/seller2233

They are marking them up 200% and they definitely don't have them yet. Jerks.
eventhorizon

Post by eventhorizon »

I'm still pissed that BHQ removed the knife from my shopping card while I was checking out :mad:
notorious fidgeteer
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

I was able to get one of each; one on my phone and one on my laptop, I couldn't get both in the cart so I ended up with two separate orders. I emailed BHQ so they could combine the shipping, but they were already processed. One shows in transit to be delivered Tuesday, the other tracking number show pre-shipment.
I found it interesting these are being shipped from Marion, VA instead of BHQ headquarters in Pleasant Grove, UT??
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

CXXX wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:30 pm
I was able to get one of each; one on my phone and one on my laptop, I couldn't get both in the cart so I ended up with two separate orders. I emailed BHQ so they could combine the shipping, but they were already processed. One shows in transit to be delivered Tuesday, the other tracking number show pre-shipment.
I found it interesting these are being shipped from Marion, VA instead of BHQ headquarters in Pleasant Grove, UT??

I've seen it posted somewhere (Reddit?) that the company is moving its storefront to Virginia.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet