Your Username...why did you choose it?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
cabfrank

Re: Your Username...why did you choose it?

Post by cabfrank »

Seemed obvious to me, but then again, I love whiskey and whisky.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:59 pm
Naperville wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:45 pm
I used my hometown for my forum name because I was in a rush to get online. Then I realized what I had done, wasn't happy but am not embarrassed about the location, and came to accept the rushed choice that I had made.

Every time that you sign up for a forum it asks for a username. I have a lot of ideas about why the username should not be left up to any individual, but prefer anonymity.

:neutral
If you message Kristi and request a username change, I believe she is able to do that. Especially if you have concerns about your own privacy.
Thank you for the idea. It's a thought!!! Now I have to come up with a name again! :hot-face

Maybe I'll come back as "Vivi-II" or "Sal's Spyderco Knife" :squinting-tongue
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It's too late. All of your stalkers already know.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:06 pm
It's too late. All of your stalkers already know.
I have them too! I just ignore them. I'm 63 and have dropped so many acquaintances and "friends" along the way. Who hasn't.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:12 pm
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:40 pm
Paul being my actual name and Ardbeg because I like peated scotch. Ardbeg is one of my favorite distilleries. Sláinte!
Well now I feel like a goof recommending Ardbeg to you. I thought it was just your last name. My favorite scotch btw.
No worries Jeff, we cannot recommend Ardbeg enough 😃 It would be a cool last name!
:bug-red-white 37 Spydies and counting :winking-tongue
:bug-red-white 17 different steels and counting :winking-tongue

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:37 pm
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:40 pm
Paul being my actual name and Ardbeg because I like peated scotch. Ardbeg is one of my favorite distilleries. Sláinte!
Great username ! Better than Paul Dimple ! :winking-tongue Dan
😂 happy that I like Ardbeg. Btw, I also like Monkeyshoulder 😉
:bug-red-white 37 Spydies and counting :winking-tongue
:bug-red-white 17 different steels and counting :winking-tongue

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Never had a nickname and I'm not too creative. So, first initial and part of my last name.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Just my nickname and the caliber of air pistol I loved shooting so many years ago.
vivi

Post by vivi »

holdover from my jrpg nerd days. FFIX came out right around when I was becoming more active on forums (2000). I had joined a few in the 90's but the 2000's is when I really started frequenting them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character ... Fantasy_IX

I usually chose names from whatever games I was into, or sometimes fantasy novels I was reading at the time.
:unicorn
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Cool to see this thread bumped again, forgot all about it! So many new members since this was created. Definitely hoping a few chime in that's names I've found interesting the past few years.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

I like Ruger firearms and I am a nurse lol
Last edited by RugerNurse on Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

RugerNurse wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 am
I like Ruger forearms and I am a nurse lol
Very simple, nothing wrong with that haha!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

National secret. If I told you, I’d have to kill you.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:04 am
RugerNurse wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 am
I like Ruger forearms and I am a nurse lol
Very simple, nothing wrong with that haha!
And here I thought they were a gunsmith. ;)
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I picked Pokey because I've been accused of being slow. I prefer to think of it as methodical, with attention to detail. :winking-tongue

And, once I'm done sharpening friends knives, (using the Sharpmaker, of course,) they can easily tell which end is the pokey end!
XjJunky

Post by XjJunky »

Mine comes from the love of XJ's. Fell in love with them in 1992 when I was 12 and my dad bought his first one and took us in the hills. I have owned and built to many to count. Xj in my avatar is my current builder. 97 County with 246,xxx miles and runs and 4 wheels like a champ.
Screenshot_20231026-144935_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231026-144935_Chrome.jpg (41.31 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
:usflag Living Till The Death Of Me :bug-red-white
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

XjJunky wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:53 pm
Mine comes from the love of XJ's. Fell in love with them in 1992 when I was 12 and my dad bought his first one and took us in the hills. I have owned and built to many to count. Xj in my avatar is my current builder. 97 County with 246,xxx miles and runs and 4 wheels like a champ.Screenshot_20231026-144935_Chrome.jpg
Nice!!! I have a 2007 JKUR that’s my little rock crawler. Frankenstein 3.5” suspension with JKS and Synergy lower control arms (synergy rear and JKS front), drag link flip and Artec raised track bar bracket holding a rock krawler track bar, plenty of armor, poison spyder BFH bumpers front and rear, 35x12.50-15 MTR’s and some other stuff I’m forgetting. It’s been a slow and steady build since about 2011. Daily drove it with a spacer lift and those 35MTR’s for 4 years. 😂

This is from this years topless for tatas event that I’ve been a trail guide for for 11 years now. It’s at AOAA (anthracite outdoor adventure park) off-road park. That’s a black trail but not a real hard black.

My cousin and his girlfriend in front of it.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
XjJunky

Post by XjJunky »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:08 pm
XjJunky wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:53 pm
Mine comes from the love of XJ's. Fell in love with them in 1992 when I was 12 and my dad bought his first one and took us in the hills. I have owned and built to many to count. Xj in my avatar is my current builder. 97 County with 246,xxx miles and runs and 4 wheels like a champ.Screenshot_20231026-144935_Chrome.jpg
Nice!!! I have a 2007 JKUR that’s my little rock crawler. Frankenstein 3.5” suspension with JKS and Synergy lower control arms (synergy rear and JKS front), drag link flip and Artec raised track bar bracket holding a rock krawler track bar, plenty of armor, poison spyder BFH bumpers front and rear, 35x12.50-15 MTR’s and some other stuff I’m forgetting. It’s been a slow and steady build since about 2011. Daily drove it with a spacer lift and those 35MTR’s for 4 years. 😂

This is from this years topless for tatas event that I’ve been a trail guide for for 11 years now. It’s at AOAA (anthracite outdoor adventure park) off-road park. That’s a black trail but not a real hard black.

My cousin and his girlfriend in front of it.
Very nice. Looks like some fun 4 wheelin too. Yes mine is also a Frankenbuild. The nice part of building many lifts, is I have found what part from different companies work best in what places. This is also a very slow build. I promised the wife it will be the last one, so it's getting done the way I want( my grail XJ so to say). I do all the work myself and love wrenching on with my free time. Luckily it's not my daily driver anymore. The days of staying up tell midnight fixing it, cuz I need it for work the next morning are over for that old thing. :rofl
:usflag Living Till The Death Of Me :bug-red-white
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

Yep I mix and match the different parts and it comes out better than a kit and generally cheaper too if you pick up the parts on sales. I also do ask my own wrenching. Everything on that jeep has been installed by me other than the rock sliders and the track bar bracket because I don’t weld and they’re welded on. But everything else was me. Saves a looooot of money, gives me pride in knowing I did it and I know it was done right and not half assed by somebody who doesn’t care because it’s not their rig. And yeah wheeling your daily driver sucks big time. 😂
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
270ultimate

Post by 270ultimate »

Back in the day I started an indoor Frisbee league in the area code where I lived.

The league is long gone, I’m gone, but the email handle I used for running it stuck.