Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
primox1

Re: Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Post by primox1 »

Kensei...thank you so much for your post! Because of you, a few happy and lucky members now have this beast of a knife.
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

jb19 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:26 pm
Right now it is vendors that are releasing a second batch of the knives. Don't know which ones have released their second set (if they're getting one).
Got it. Thanks!
kensei

Post by kensei »

primox1 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:38 pm
Kensei...thank you so much for your post! Because of you, a few happy and lucky members now have this beast of a knife.
You are most welcome! Merely returning a favor that I hv been beneficiary to with other model alert threads... Enjoy!
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

****, I thought these were all gone already!

Happy there's more opportunities for those who are being patient, and hopefully
the recent XHP release can ease some pain. I personally skipped out on that drop because I felt fortunate to already have the Z wear, and a TreeRex.
Gil P.

Post by Gil P. »

Totally worth it if you guys can get your hands on one. The Chief blade is very impressive and that REX 45 is really cool.
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

For European fans
In stock at Knivesandtools

https://www.knivesandtools.de/de/pt/-sp ... design.htm
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Granoo Fink wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:49 am
For European fans
In stock at Knivesandtools

https://www.knivesandtools.de/de/pt/-sp ... design.htm
Still in stock, no one seems to care anymore :rolleyes:
archangel

Post by archangel »

Two possibilities: A) all European Spydernuts already got their Shamans, or B) those who haven't, don’t want to pay that much extra.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

If B is correct, then the need cannot be so urgent :confused:
The "markup" is 20 - 30€ max. This is far, far away from any e8ay scalper.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I loaded the UK version of that webpage- and because I don’t think in pounds, used a currency converter. Price of the knife is $400 USD!!! Brutal.
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

:eek: don't know how much it is in UK, but with today's exchange rate 280€ are 333$.

But: if one calculates everything correctly, 280€ translates roughly to MAP if bought in the US and imported to Germany via Express shipping. The hidden costs will do the trick...
CPM-Greg

Post by CPM-Greg »

I was fortunate to get the Z-Wear, my first Shaman. I took the clip off and flicked it for a month or so to wear it in, and to put wear on the micarta. I have cut up a few things at home and this knife is really emerging as a great knife. The handle is aging well; perhaps better than me. LOL. This knife has a long-term place in my collection.

Cheers,

CPM-Greg
Thinking about which Taichung blade to get next.......
Eratus

Post by Eratus »

Taxes and customs are brutal, I think I paid 270£ for my zwear shaman, and that is cheaper than importing it myself from the states. Just imported a TRM for $189 and in the end it cost me $272. Taxes 25%, customs 9% and then the Swedish distributor wanted a fee for declaring it.

The Shaman keeps impressing though. Took it completely apart today and cleaned it. Had some trouble with the pivot keep unscrew. Cleaned it and oiled it up and put on some new loctite. I was now able to tighten it much more. Zero blade play and the it drops shut with no friction when I hold down the compression lock. Amazing knife.
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Bushcraft canada with more in stock. Surprised to see these still trickling in up north here
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

https://www.knivesandtools.com/en/pt/-s ... design.htm

Use the above link for Knivesandtools if you're in the US. Don't go through the UK site. I just paid $300 shipped.

It's unbelievable how long they've been available. Like 4 days now. I think Spyderco may have gotten the overall number to produce right... and accidentally shipped too many to Europe. LOL
Last edited by Perhaps_OCD? on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

I'm so happy I got one. With my luck, more in the US drop this week for MAP right after I paid extra (It's cool tho, I wouldn't mind a 2nd). Looking forward to finally having this in my hands!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 pm

Use the above link for Knivesandtools if you're in the US. Don't go through the UK site. I just paid $300 shipped.

It's unbelievable how long they've been available. Like 4 days now. I think Spyderco may have gotten the overall number to produce right... and accidentally shipped too many to Europe. LOL
That's not so bad, considering that's what you'd pay to buy a regular Shaman + a set of Micarta scales anyway. I paid about $265 after everything from BHQ, so I don't see $300 as being that much worse.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Eratus

Post by Eratus »

Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 pm

You paid $300 for the Shaman shipped to the US from Knivesandtools? In Europe its $333 if you live in Europe, thats just wierd...

Its like when I was on the look out for a new fishing reel. It was like $200 in Sweden at the time but I had a friend buy it for me when he was visiting the US, paid less then $100.

The fun part of the story is that it was a Swedish fishing reel.
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Still in stock at bushcraft canada