What percentage of your knives are spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: What percentage of your knives are spyderco?

Post by Wartstein »

When it comes to "quality" folders these day it´s 100% Spyderco.

This is also true for what folders I actually carry and use: Exclusively 100% Spyderco.

Till quite recently a Benchmade Minigrip was my only left quality non Spyderco folder, not a bad knife (for its small size), but I kept it more for sentimental reasons. Sold it eventually too though.

I still have some cheapo folders I never carry and use (among them some also very cheap traditional Austrian folders, see this old thread I started once viewtopic.php?t=82372#p1293139).

Multitools (I think 7 or 8 LM and 3 or 4 SAKs) are a different story of course, as well as fixed blades: I only have one Spydie fixed blade (a Waterway which I absolutely love) and had an Enuff quite recently for a short period of time just to try out the design (amazing handle, it was actually not easy to sell the thing again!).
Now if I lost all my fixed blades and had to start out from zero again, I´d certainly have more than just one Spydie fixed blade.

As I shared several times already: I also think that I am not a "fanboy" - Initially I thought Spydercos would look a bit weird, and did not know anything at all about the brand even when I had three models already (Delica, Endura, Stretch 1) - I was just blown away by their pure function and how they performed and felt in hand, that is what made me eventually look deeper into Spyderco as a brand and company.

I also do know that other companies make a great product and certainly folders I´d still like, no doubt!
I am just completely happy these days to be exclusively into Spyderco when it comes to folders, don´t feel the need anymore to even look closer somewhere else (which on top probably also saves me time and money... ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

Roughly 60%. I have more spyderco knives than any other brand:
Just one more knife...
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

More than I feel like counting.

Most of my knives are Spyderco.

I also have a lot of Busse fixed blades after about 14 years of collecting those.

Maybe a dozen other knives mostly older.

Oh, and some Hinderer, ZT, a Cold Steel Recon 1, and one Koenig Arius.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Probably somewhere around half or more. I try not to count...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Locking folders: 90%

Fixed blades: 66% or more. I don’t have that many, single digits probably.

No kitchen knives and no slip joints from Spyderco at the moment.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006