The Delica Wharncliffe is the greatest work knife ever made.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: The Delica Wharncliffe is the greatest work knife ever made.

Post by vivi »

wow dude.

it was the third post on the general discussion page when I replied. someone started a discussion on a knife I've used many times before, and I discussed it.

What do you do when you come across someone taller than you in person? get mad? :rofl
:unicorn
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd give the nod to the Native if I were gonna carry such a small knife. More comfortable thumb placement.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

vivi wrote: https://i.imgur.com/CBsjB8y.jpeg

I'd give the nod to the Native if I were gonna carry such a small knife. More comfortable thumb placement.
- Nick :bug-red
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

vivi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:30 pm
wow dude.

it was the third post on the general discussion page when I replied. someone started a discussion on a knife I've used many times before, and I discussed it.

What do you do when you come across someone taller than you in person? get mad? :rofl
Oh well then I stand to be corrected. When I first looked it appeared you brought back up this old thread just to say anyone who anyone who praises the delica has small hands. The delica is a bit small for my hand as well. It just seems like you really enjoy boasting over your hand size and I just find it a little silly that’s all. All good
:bug-red-white
Current “dream collection” of knives
temperance 1, lil temperance 1 serrated leaf, black micarta calypso jr & calypso, cocobolo kopa, stainless serrated harpy, stainless cricket
vivi

Post by vivi »

I think you're acting really insecure over me bringing up something that's pretty relevant in the discussion of ergonomics.

Check the latest post before I joined this thread. It was from a couple hours before my post, not a year.

When we're discussing the ergonomic differences in pocket knife handles, hand size is important to consider. ****, there's entire threads dedicated to it in the photo section.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:40 pm
vivi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:30 pm
wow dude.

Oh well then I stand to be corrected. When I first looked it appeared you brought back up this old thread just to say anyone who anyone who praises the delica has small hands. The delica is a bit small for my hand as well. It just seems like you really enjoy boasting over your hand size and I just find it a little silly that’s all. All good
You’re not wrong, he does. He’s well known for it too. This thread in particular, he’s just trolling again with his comment about the Delica. He knows when he’s being petty. He recently resurrected a 17 year old thread just to tell us he has big hands and that he thinks a knife is small. He also just started a new thread specifically to tell us he has big hands too. But he thinks we’re the insecure ones? :rofl
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Hardesty86 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:45 am
I never understood the spyderco addiction everyone had.....until now lol went to smokey mountain knife works in pigeon forge tenn and hit up the spyderco counter bought a delica warncliff in vg10 steel and i cought the spyderco bug lol! Just joined looking forward to accruing more spyderco knives probably gonna hit up the knife works on way outta town and get a salt in H1 steel just for the heck of it!

Welcome to the forum! :smlling-eyes

The Delica/Salt 2 platform folders are still my favorite small Spydies (together with the Chap FRN)

You should get a Salt knife indeed, and I´f definitely recommend SE for H1/H2!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
vivi

Post by vivi »

:rofl

so glad I joined this thread.
Last edited by vivi on Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan_david2001

vivi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:48 pm
I think you're acting really insecure over me bringing up something that's pretty relevant in the discussion of ergonomics.

Check the latest post before I joined this thread. It was from a couple hours before my post, not a year.

When we're discussing the ergonomic differences in pocket knife handles, hand size is important to consider. ****, there's entire threads dedicated to it in the photo section.
I just said I missed the few posts before yours which lead me to think you bumped the thread just to say the delica is for people with small hands. Which by the way isn’t igniting any discussion.
Any way, I don’t like nor want to fight, I said my piece
Last edited by Tristan_david2001 on Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
temperance 1, lil temperance 1 serrated leaf, black micarta calypso jr & calypso, cocobolo kopa, stainless serrated harpy, stainless cricket
vivi

Post by vivi »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:55 pm
vivi wrote:

I just said I missed the few posts before yours which lead me to think you bumped the thread just to say the delica is for people with small hands. Which by the way isn’t igniting any discussion
Well how about we talk delicas instead of being oddly fixated on my body?
Tristan_david2001

I’m good thanks
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

vivi wrote:
Apparently you follow my own posts better than I do because I have no idea what you're talking about.

You guys sure seem offended that I say anything about my hands here. Guess I need to ask permission next time I discuss delicas :eye-roll
Yeah, okay! Sure you don’t! ;) :cheap-sunglasses

vivi wrote:
Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:55 pm
vivi wrote:

I just said I missed the few posts before yours which lead me to think you bumped the thread just to say the delica is for people with small hands. Which by the way isn’t igniting any discussion
Well how about we talk delicas instead of being oddly fixated on my body?
You’re the one that keeps bringing it up though! :exploding-head No one is asking about your hands but you certainly never pass up any opportunity to tell everyone about them.
vivi

Post by vivi »

vivi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:34 pm

well if anyone wants to talk delicas instead of body parts, here you go.

native vs delica, why does one work better than the other for your grip?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Tristan_david2001

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:09 am
HA! Thanks for that 🤣
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:03 am
You’re the one that keeps bringing it up though! :exploding-head
Mushroom wrote:
how bout dem delicas?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Oh, the Delica? Greatest full size work knife ever made! ;)
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:16 am
Maybe for folks with small enough hands to get a comfortable grip on it. I find the thumb ramp problematic on knives with handles that small, which is why I've always appreciated the Natives lack of a hump. It can accomodate a wider range of hand sizes because of that.
Tristan_david2001

vivi wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:14 am
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:03 am
You’re the one that keeps bringing it up though! :exploding-head
Mushroom wrote:
how bout dem delicas?
They can’t fit their hand inside a pringles can ?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:18 am
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:16 am
Maybe for folks with small enough hands to get a comfortable grip on it. I find the thumb ramp problematic on knives with handles that small, which is why I've always appreciated the Natives lack of a hump. It can accomodate a wider range of hand sizes because of that.
... unless one with bigger than many, but smaller than some hands ;) (like me) happens to almost never use the thumb ramp.

In a hammer grip or with thumb on the flat of the blade the Delica handle is long enough even for XL hands (cause then the hand sits more forward on the handle. Also makes the first finger groove feel better imo).
But I am well aware that many/most just prefer finger on ramp/spine.

For me though the Delica clearly wins over the Native 5 ergo-wise.
Also more stable in hand and choking up on
its ricasso offers more control for me than finger in Native 5 choil.

... I am s bit of an outlier in that regards, I know...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)