yojimbo salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stuart Ackerman

Re: yojimbo salt

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:58 am
Yojumbo ;)
YoKatana?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Mushroom wrote:
Yojumbo ;)
YoJumbo in S90V Please!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:47 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Yojumbo ;)
YoJumbo in S90V Please!
Not salty enough! :D
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Double Tap!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

I would love to see the Yojimbo 2 get the full Salt treatment: an LC200N blade, liners & hardware made from "marine-grade" super duplex or super austenitic stainless steel, and a ceramic detent ball. I can go either way with FRN or G10 scales, but I would prefer a low-profile colour in keeping with the personal defence theme (plain black or if it must have a colour, have it be a subdued shade of blue, green, or brown).

That said, I am happy with my all-black Yojimbo 2... S30V is more than "stainless enough" for 99% of what I use a pocket knife for, and the DLC coating (on the blade, liners & all the hardware) probably makes it practically rustproof in perhaps any carry context that doesn't involve extended periods of full immersion in saltwater.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

zuludelta wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 am
I would love to see the Yojimbo 2 get the full Salt treatment: an LC200N blade, liners & hardware made from "marine-grade" super duplex or super austenitic stainless steel, and a ceramic detent ball. I can go either way with FRN or G10 scales, but I would prefer a low-profile colour in keeping with the personal defence theme (plain black or if it must have a colour, have it be a subdued shade of blue, green, or brown).

That said, I am happy with my all-black Yojimbo 2... S30V is more than "stainless enough" for 99% of what I use a pocket knife for, and the DLC coating (on the blade, liners & all the hardware) probably makes it practically rustproof in perhaps any carry context that doesn't involve extended periods of full immersion in saltwater.
Pretty sure the liners and junk have to be made out of LC200N as well. Galvanic corrosion and all

-Thomas Jefferson
SaltySalt

Post by SaltySalt »

What if liners ill be made of titanium like in Mike Snody custom Yojimbo? Can they corrode? How much weight can titanium liners possibly save?
SaltySalt

Post by SaltySalt »

how about VANAX SuperClean?