crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
fixall

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by fixall »

kennethsime wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:14 pm
fixall wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 pm
kennethsime wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:43 pm
fixall wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:36 pm
My Paramilitary 2 came in today. :D

It's BIG knife, lol. I have rather small hands, but we'll see how this goes, lol. Strangely, even with the large handle, it seems to fit my hand very, very well in every position other than when I choke up and use the choil. I'm going to carry it to work for a week as a trial, but I'm think this is going to work out nicely. :)
Congrats! I thought my first PM2 was a bit large also, but I quickly got used to it. I find that a Lynch clip helps it disappear in the pocket a bit more, but it doesn’t really need one per se.

Have you tried a Para 3? I like the lightweights the best, but the G-10 models are nice also.
Thanks! I think I'll get used to it also. I gotta say, the fit and finish on my example is absolutely stupendous. Probably the best grind I've ever received from Spyderco. :)

Yea! I'm a big fan of the Para 3. I have one in M4 and threw a set of canvas Micarta scales and a Lynch clip on it. Excellent knife, and one of my all-time favorite work knives... Second only to the Delica Wharncliffe.
Man, what a collection! A very capable bunch.

I feel like the thing about the PM2 is that it takes up about the same pocket real estate as the Para 3, doesn’t weight much more, yet offers a much more useful blade length. Hard to pick the Para 3 over the PM2 unless I’m wearing tight jeans. ;)
Thanks! Spyderco makes some terrific knives. I actually have a 20cv delica wharncliffe on the way too, lol.

You’re making a great case for the PM2! I just started my weekend, but I’m excited to take it in to eork!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

I haven't bought a knife for maybe 2 years now, but this looks like a knife I don't really need that I just have to have.

So I placed an order today at Blade HQ. Should have it this week.

I am entirely pleased with the full metal liners. Good choice and spot on. Thanks!

Funny, I was just reading posts and someone mentioned the "Rosewood Shaman" that got a bunch of bad press. The Rex-45 with Pakkawood. I have it and it is one of my absolute favorite knives. What the heck didn't people like about it? It gets all kinds of use and is holding up just fine (thank you ever so much!). I'm going to go fetch it right now and carry it this week.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:17 pm
I haven't bought a knife for maybe 2 years now, but this looks like a knife I don't really need that I just have to have.

So I placed an order today at Blade HQ. Should have it this week.

I am entirely pleased with the full metal liners. Good choice and spot on. Thanks!

Funny, I was just reading posts and someone mentioned the "Rosewood Shaman" that got a bunch of bad press. The Rex-45 with Pakkawood. I have it and it is one of my absolute favorite knives. What the heck didn't people like about it? It gets all kinds of use and is holding up just fine (thank you ever so much!). I'm going to go fetch it right now and carry it this week.
Tom, I think you made a good call - it's a fantastic knife. I've been handling PM2s for about 12 years now and my Crucarta PM2 is the best-built one I've had the pleasure of fondling. Really smooth action, and rock-solid lockup. Enjoy it!

I am jealous of those Rosewood/Rex45 Shamans. Fantastic knife! I wasn't aware of any bad press around it. I love my ZCarta Shaman, and am very much looking forward to the M4/GCM exclusive.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:30 pm
I am jealous of those Rosewood/Rex45 Shamans. Fantastic knife! I wasn't aware of any bad press around it. I love my ZCarta Shaman, and am very much looking forward to the M4/GCM exclusive.
Well, forget I said anything. Like I say, it has done nothing but make me happy. Maybe it was people calling it "rosewood" and then they found out it was Pakkawood with a rosewood like color, but people always find something to whine about.

Rex45 is one of my favorite steels. Right alongside Cruwear. Surprising it doesn't get used more. I just touched up my Shaman on the Goldenstone and it only took a minute or two to seriously improve an already decent edge.