crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DrHE

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by DrHE »

Yeah I preordered mine 10/4/21 hoping for Christmas or my Birthday Jan 30.
M.N.O.S.D. 0031
Godzilla68

Post by Godzilla68 »

Same thing happened to me. Ordered a manix2 m390 and a nativechief rex45 and a month later pm2 crucarta notification. Couldn't pass on it this time though.

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:04 am
Figures... It's like they knew that I just spent a bunch on a Microtech. :dizzy
PM2 Crucarta
Chaparral CF
Gayle Bradley Bowie
Manix 2 M390
Native Chief Rex45
Caly 3.5
Delica ZDP189
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

In stock at time of post @ GPknives for anyone still in search of:

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-para- ... mpcw2.html
:bug-red :zany :bug-red -Joel
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

In stock @ KSF as of this posting..

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... -c81mpcw2/
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

From what I heard of fellow europeans :

- So-so fit and finish compared to aftermarket PM2 scales in Micarta, that allow for nested liners.
- They hope the full liners aren't what the hypothetical PM3 will feature, as a cost saving measure excuse.

I doubt it's reflefting on Spyderco bottom line, but a lot of people I know are quite soured of Spyderco. Too much sprint, too little meaningful progress. We have a big Youtuber here in France (more than half Nick subscribers) and his last video on the Crucarta Pm2 reflect that.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The micarta scales have a great texture. I love them. But there is/was an issue with the pocket clip screw holes lining up between scales and liners.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Scored today ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:39 pm
Scored today ! MG2
Congrats!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Xformer wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:01 pm

- So-so fit and finish compared to aftermarket PM2 scales in Micarta, that allow for nested liners.
- They hope the full liners aren't what the hypothetical PM3 will feature, as a cost saving measure excuse.

I doubt it's reflefting on Spyderco bottom line, but a lot of people I know are quite soured of Spyderco. Too much sprint, too little meaningful progress. We have a big Youtuber here in France (more than half Nick subscribers) and his last video on the Crucarta Pm2 reflect that.

The micarta is a rougher texture than I’m used to, and rougher than my Shaman. That said, the fit & finish is very nice, it’s the best-made PM2 I’ve handled in 15 years. It’s a more solid build, and more comfortable to use, while still being lighter weight than the old PM2. I personally hope the larger comp lock tab becomes CQI for all PM2s and P3s.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:39 pm
Scored today ! MG2
Congrats - it’s a keeper!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Xformer wrote:

Just curious, do you have one ? MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:17 am
Xformer wrote:

No, but one of my friend does and I spent some time with it. Why does it matter ?
Matus

Post by Matus »

Xformer wrote:
Which EU shops hat these already?
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Xformer wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:24 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:17 am
Xformer wrote:

No, but one of my friend does and I spent some time with it. Why does it matter ?
It only matters because I ordered one and value everyone’s opinion. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
canyonrat

Post by canyonrat »

I've had the PM2 Crucarta for a couple days. Currently have a Lynch clip on the way to run tip-up and have not yet removed "big shiny" (the hourglass clip). I also have a PM2 standard digi-camo S45VN, and the Crucarta is just as smooth operating, both were drop-shut, no-play, fantastic out of the box.

Personally I like the full liners on this model, similar vibe to my M390 Manix in Brown. Hard to describe but there is something very "roots" feeling about this knife in the hand, like your grandfather owned it or something even though it is new. Instantly comfortable. The hyped-up concerns about the scale near the compression lock are a non-issue for me, you can see why it was done that way with the full liners. It's a winner so far. I could see the option opening up for other scales being offered in the future that would take advantage of the full liners as a foundational design. But if not... the micarta is just fine with me.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

canyonrat wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:49 am
I've had the PM2 Crucarta for a couple days. Currently have a Lynch clip on the way to run tip-up and have not yet removed "big shiny" (the hourglass clip). I also have a PM2 standard digi-camo S45VN, and the Crucarta is just as smooth operating, both were drop-shut, no-play, fantastic out of the box.

Personally I like the full liners on this model, similar vibe to my M390 Manix in Brown. Hard to describe but there is something very "roots" feeling about this knife in the hand, like your grandfather owned it or something even though it is new. Instantly comfortable. The hyped-up concerns about the scale near the compression lock are a non-issue for me, you can see why it was done that way with the full liners. It's a winner so far. I could see the option opening up for other scales being offered in the future that would take advantage of the full liners as a foundational design. But if not... the micarta is just fine with me.
Thank you for information great on hands mini review . I already have a Lynch clip waiting for mine . Have a great day . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Matus wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:34 am
Xformer wrote:
I don't know, I didn't buy it myself. I know a lot of my european pal have it. Kinda remember knivesandtool sending me a mail for it being available.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Xformer wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:33 pm
Matus wrote:
Xformer wrote:
I don't know, I didn't buy it myself. I know a lot of my european pal have it. Kinda remember knivesandtool sending me a mail for it being available.
Thank you. Must have missed that. I can imagine they sold out fast. My favorite shop did not get these yet. But they are a smaller shop than knivesandtools, so maybe they are lower on the priority list.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Matus wrote:
Xformer wrote:
Lamnia had them as well. Deleted the mail, so I don't know when they got them, but this was at least two month ago.
tactikool

Post by tactikool »

canyonrat wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:49 am

I echo your sentiments about this pm2 version. Mone came in earlier this week from DLT and I couldn’t be happier with the fit and finish.