St. Nicks 4V Military 1

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Re: St. Nicks 4V Military 1

Post by twinboysdad »

5-by-5 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:14 pm
As long as it's a Military 1. Gag! I hate even having to put a 1 after Military.
Agree so don’t. There’s the Military which Millie also notates and then there’s the lesser comp lock one that needs the 2 behind it.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The problem for me is that I get hit with anniversary, Christmas, and wife's birthday, bam, bam, bam, in rapid succession. It is not a good time for me to buy a knife, but I would like one of these.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:07 am
The problem for me is that I get hit with anniversary, Christmas, and wife's birthday, bam, bam, bam, in rapid succession. It is not a good time for me to buy a knife, but I would like one of these.
I guess I'm not the only one that has that kind of bad timing! My wife's birthday is December 19th, then Christmas, then our dating anniversary...which still matters apparently haha, in Mid Jan, then the kids birthday last day of Jan, then Valentines day.

Money just flies left and right! I really hope this doesn't happen until sometime in March.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Now this is what I'll get! Or try to!
It took everything I had to not snatch up that Manix XL yesterday! I still wish I had snagged one.
But, a Millie in 4v in that Red & Black......frogettuhboutit 😃
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

twinboysdad wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:04 am
5-by-5 wrote:
As long as it's a Military 1. Gag! I hate even having to put a 1 after Military.
Agree so don’t. There’s the Military which Millie also notates and then there’s the lesser comp lock one that needs the 2 behind it.
LOL'd Millie for life! I commented several times that they should have named it PM XL and leave the Military alone. Crickets......
I felt Shadow banned for it.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I tend to prefer Satin. Only have one coated blade now. It's a preference. DLC is awesome stuff. I really really like the entire SNK exclusive package. A lot. Kicked myself for not getting the Native Chief. I don't think I can miss this. Shouldn't buy anything until 2023. But I will regret not getting this.

What do y'all think the next SNK surprises will be?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

kerrcobra wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:48 am
I do not like Red scales at all, and I'm not a fan of coated blades either. However, I'll still buy one because it's a 4V Millie.
👍This!^^^^
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I like the idea of a 4V OG Millie. I’ve been selling off knives to put $$ towards a canoe though, so buying more isn’t really in the cards. Besides I’m starting to soften up on my true steel needs. The variation is fun, but taking an honest look do I need more than VG10 or S30V offer? Probably not. And I have the CRUWEAR Millie so I’m not really in need, ya know?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

They just sold me my first Manix XL, they may as well sell me my first Millie.

St. NICKS if you read this PLEASE do a Police4!!!
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:31 am
Strange that folks don’t like the red/black considering they seem to be Spyderco’s official colors or at least the colors they use the most.

I don’t like coated blades much but I’ll buy pretty much any Military.

I remember quite a few requests for red scales when red was strictly reserved for trainers.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I dont have a Millie, but **** sure I would try for this one!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

If/when this St. Nick’s Exclusive Military Liner Lock is released it could well be the last of its line and certainly the first Sprint/Exclusive since February 2019.

7 new Military models were released from May 2016 to February 2019 all with the CQI enhancements. Nothing since February 2019 when the BladeHQ exclusive CPM-M4 Black DLC Blade with Natural G-10 was released.

The CQI enhancements came out in May 2016:

• Larger pivot torx head and on both sides
  • Larger lanyard hole
  • Stepped stop pin
  • New clip
  • Standoffs instead of the solid backspacer
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
kobold

Post by kobold »

Me too.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:14 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I guess I'm not the only one that has that kind of bad timing! My wife's birthday is December 19th, then Christmas, then our dating anniversary...which still matters apparently haha, in Mid Jan, then the kids birthday last day of Jan, then Valentines day.

Money just flies left and right! I really hope this doesn't happen until sometime in March.
:zany My b-day is Dec19th and youngest babygirl is the Jan31 :cheap-sunglasses
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I'm out on this one as I don't care for linerlocks, but my Para3 and Native chief are 2 of my favorites, not to mentions 4V is in my top 5 steels. The red g-10 from St. Nicks are about my only g-10 that I've not wanted to upgrade to Micarta or a different color.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

5-by-5 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:08 am
twinboysdad wrote:
5-by-5 wrote:
LOL'd Millie for life! I commented several times that they should have named it PM XL and leave the Military alone. Crickets......
I felt Shadow banned for it.
I will call it the PM2 XL now. Lock changes alters the soul of the knife. I will get one though. It will be a great fidget knife. I may wait till it comes in an interesting steel though and not S30V (not that there is anything wrong with that)
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:28 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:14 am
Doc Dan wrote:

:zany My b-day is Dec19th and youngest babygirl is the Jan31 :cheap-sunglasses
Small world my friend!! What's the odds!?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Would like one, but if there is no tip up carry I will pass. I've played with a millie before, and enjoyed it, save for that clip position. No, I don't need it to be tip up, but the clip annoys me when using the knife when it is in tip down position.

Now if they do a police 4 I'd be down! Or a PM XL... Really looking forward to that.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

twinboysdad wrote:
5-by-5 wrote:
The official name of the knife is Military. I guarantee it won't say Military 1 on the box. So not sure why the need to call it the Military 1. The Military 2 will be the one that denotes a change

Military - Is the original with liner lock
Military 2 - Is the new version with comp lock
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Auto buy. I love 4v. I love red and black. I love my 4v with DLC. This is likely to be one of the last iterations of the Military. I only hope I can get one, as I expect a massive frenzy at drop.