Manix 2 XL Love?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Albertaboyscott

Re: Manix 2 XL Love?

Post by Albertaboyscott »

I just got my first manix xl last night and thought I'd add to this thread. How have I not had one of these before? Awesome knife. Very solid and no blade play. I really like the way my hand locks into the handle. I get that it may be a bit large for some but I really think this model deserves more attention and a few sprints. Rex45, 52100 or zwear would be great. Anyhow, I'm sold on it. Cheers
Geo-Ozeki

Post by Geo-Ozeki »

Albertaboyscott wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:50 am
I just got my first manix xl last night and thought I'd add to this thread. How have I not had one of these before? Awesome knife. Very solid and no blade play.
+1 - bought mine when they came in stock with my (European) supplier. Has a super sharp and polished edge. Fit & finish is perfect. Have ordered a deep carry clip and this will be a user. I like S30V too.

I would love this knife as a LW in any steel.
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Geo-Ozeki wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:26 am
Albertaboyscott wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:50 am
I just got my first manix xl last night and thought I'd add to this thread. How have I not had one of these before? Awesome knife. Very solid and no blade play.
+1 - bought mine when they came in stock with my (European) supplier. Has a super sharp and polished edge. Fit & finish is perfect. Have ordered a deep carry clip and this will be a user. I like S30V too.

I would love this knife as a LW in any steel.
It's a tank of a knife and underappreciated in my opinion. Another steel would be nice but s30v is just fine for now. Cheers
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

They had one at dlt trading, and I was agonizing over getting it. Decided what the heck and... Sold out. Waited too long. *sigh*

I have my blade hq dlc m4, but want a standard model too... Guess I'll wait for another run.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
benben

Post by benben »

Handled a XL today at a gun shop, first time I’ve ever held one! I didn’t buy it as they had it listed for way too much. Loved the knife, loved the build and feel of it, it definitely went on my *to buy soon list* especially in a steel other than S30V.
Last edited by benben on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

soc_monki wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:02 pm
They had one at dlt trading, and I was agonizing over getting it. Decided what the heck and... Sold out. Waited too long. *sigh*

I have my blade hq dlc m4, but want a standard model too... Guess I'll wait for another run.
Cutlery shoppe has them in stock.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

soc_monki wrote:

DLT and Cutlery shoppe have them in stock.
archangel

Post by archangel »

I've said it a dozen times, I'm gonna say it again: Manix 2 XL with 4V sounds like a brill idea!! Pretty pleeeeeeeease........
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Craiger12

Post by Craiger12 »

I would love to get my hands on a Manix 2 XL but I'm just not interested in S30V at this time. When was the last sprint for the XL? I haven't seen much at all.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Surprisingly, I have only one S30V Buck in my rotation. I wouldn't mind another one, but I also want the XL Stretch and I have to decide how that stacks against the M2XL. Not just the steel, but the complete knife.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I have both sizes of the original lock backs and a lwt and a Tan G10 M390 . I keep dancing around the XL model for quite sometime nothing negative just some other knives have caught my eye . I like the the idea of a light weight XL it is a fantastic idea . Spyderco has light weight versions of other models so why not the Manix XL ? Hope they would consider this option . Regards MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

Craiger12 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:41 am
I would love to get my hands on a Manix 2 XL but I'm just not interested in S30V at this time. When was the last sprint for the XL? I haven't seen much at all.
there was a run of m4 and m4 dlc not too long ago. snagged a dlc m4 and slapped some micarta scales on it myself.
:unicorn
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:21 am
soc_monki wrote:

DLT and Cutlery shoppe have them in stock.
Yep, have been keeping an eye on dlt. Can't get one right now though. Had checks stolen out of the mail and am dealing with the fallout of that, getting a new bank account, etc etc.

And now, after climbing on some rocks with my kid, I busted the screen on my phone lol! Probably just going to get a new one, and keep this one as a backup. Oh well... It happens!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela