How do you carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How do you carry?

Always clipped to a front pocket
58%
Sometimes clipped, sometimes loose
17%
Always loose in my pocket
9%
Other
17%

Total votes: 132

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Always clipped to a pocket, usually one in a front pocket and one in a back pocket. I don't like knives loose in my pocket.
:bug-red-white
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I voted always clipped to my front pocket because 90% of the time I have one there. But about 50% of the time I also have a larger knife on my belt. Sometimes, just the knife on my belt. Sometimes I carry a small knife like a Sage or Delica in a small nylon sheath. Very discrete (I usually wear shirts out of my pants) and easy to get to when sitting down.

A poll with multiple choices would have been more appropriate for me since I like two methods a lot. I don't know if that's possible though.

Jack
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

I voted other because my primary knife is always clipped into the back pocket. I hate, hate, having a knife any larger than the Meerkat in the front pocket. It gets in my way when I bend front. Not sure how you guys do it.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
bigcat

Post by bigcat »

I had to vote other.
Right rear pocket.
"The Power that made the body, Heals the body."
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

MY preferences have nothing to do with reality, or at least what passes for reality these days.

Working in an office environment that is not very knife-friendly, clipping anything to my pants pocket is simply asking for trouble. I just keep my "de-clipped" Delica (or other small folder) in my pocket and carry anything larger in my bag.

I really enjoy watching the PC bunch swearing and trying to cut those thick plastic ties on copy paper boxes or blister-pack office supplies with a dull pair of scissors.

Also, living in NYC where the second amendment no longer exists, I just keep things out of sight. No reason to attract attention from the NYPD who really should be spending their time and my tax dollars elsewhere if the evening news is any indication.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Always there's a larger knife in the right rear pocket, and as for the front, mostly a midsize or small clipped to the right pocket. Sometimes I just let it fall in the pocket, as long as there's no other crap in there to mar it up, or if I have a flashlight clipped to that pocket.

- best wishes, Jazz.
TheNeedyCat

Post by TheNeedyCat »

i only carry the squeak being in the uk and i carry clipped to the fifth pocket :P
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I always carry clipped, if the Spydie has a clip (Kiwis and Ladybugs don't after all) usually Front-IWB.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram