Already camping out! Expected more of yall here!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: Already camping out! Expected more of yall here!

Post by apollo »

JoviAl wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:23 pm
Bolster wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:08 pm
I want to see (external) photos of the Port-o-lets !! And some photos of knives would be nice too, I guess.

What Spyderco knives do you guys carry in your pockets for standing in line for days in front of the SFO? I would think a line-standing knife would need to be a very special knife. I don't own a dedicated line-standing knife, which is the main reason I can't go to the seconds sale.
😂

It all becomes clear now! I had always presumed being on the other side of the planet was what was holding me back, but it turns out all along it is a lack of queue knife that is really stopping me.
Sadly enough i have multiple spydies i would use as a Q knife. Its the thousands of dollars on flights that will keep me from ever going.... :woozy If only i would win the lotary... i would definitly take my brother on a plane first class and rent either a Mustang or a charger to get there. Then after the sale i would drive to My buddy Dan so i could meet him in person and bring him a gift. :grin-smiling-eyes
But yeah i will keep it on my normal dream i guess that one is difficult enough. Still want a "secondsale" g10 Manix in my collection so badly. But never seem to get allowed into the online sale fast enough. :worried
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

apollo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:40 am
Still want a "secondsale" g10 Manix in my collection so badly. But never seem to get allowed into the online sale fast enough.

Hey Apollo, I learned a great trick (but don't tell anyone). You can buy a top quality knife from Spyderco, get a dremel cut-off disc, and grind your own seconds notch into the thumb ramp of a Spydie. It works like a charm. I have now ground a seconds notch into about half of my Spydies and hope to have the rest of them ground tomorrow. Nobody can tell the difference! Everyone will think you got your knives at the SFO seconds sale!

Cool! :party-face
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Come for the discounted Spyderco’s, stay for the porto potties 🤣. Watch out Sal, you might get a new homeless camp there just for the free restrooms
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:05 pm
apollo wrote:
Still want a "secondsale" g10 Manix in my collection so badly. But never seem to get allowed into the online sale fast enough.

Hey Apollo, I learned a great trick (but don't tell anyone). You can buy a top quality knife from Spyderco, get a dremel cut-off disc, and grind your own seconds notch into the thumb ramp of a Spydie. It works like a charm. I have now ground a seconds notch into about half of my Spydies and hope to have the rest of them ground tomorrow. Nobody can tell the difference! Everyone will think you got your knives at the SFO seconds sale!

Cool! :party-face
That has crossed my mind but i decided it just would give me an even worse feeling then not having one at all. :zany
Just want to feel the joy of buying a very high quality knife for a to good to be true price from Spyderco themselves. I know in the end with shipping costs and probably taxes ill pay as much for that second then for a new one from my local dealer. But its the adventure you know... :rofl
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
JoviAl wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:23 pm
Bolster wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:08 pm
I want to see (external) photos of the Port-o-lets !! And some photos of knives would be nice too, I guess.

What Spyderco knives do you guys carry in your pockets for standing in line for days in front of the SFO? I would think a line-standing knife would need to be a very special knife. I don't own a dedicated line-standing knife, which is the main reason I can't go to the seconds sale.
😂

It all becomes clear now! I had always presumed being on the other side of the planet was what was holding me back, but it turns out all along it is a lack of queue knife that is really stopping me.
Sadly enough i have multiple spydies i would use as a Q knife. Its the thousands of dollars on flights that will keep me from ever going.... :woozy If only i would win the lotary... i would definitly take my brother on a plane first class and rent either a Mustang or a charger to get there. Then after the sale i would drive to My buddy Dan so i could meet him in person and bring him a gift. :grin-smiling-eyes
But yeah i will keep it on my normal dream i guess that one is difficult enough. Still want a "secondsale" g10 Manix in my collection so badly. But never seem to get allowed into the online sale fast enough. :worried
Door is always open for you my friend . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau