DLT Cruwear Endela

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prndltech

Re: DLT Cruwear Endela

Post by prndltech »

riclaw wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:39 pm
Thanks, Shannon and Nick. The GB2 and CF Chaparral are the only Japan or Taiwan made knives I have. Neither blade is coated, so TiCN is a new one to me.
It's definitely different from DLC in use. It seems to wear a little more on the edges. I personally like how it looks, but its just something you have to try and see if you like.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Got to think this one over . Endura would be my preference but , this is a sweet one . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm honestly surprised that more people don't like the Endela. I remember there was a time when the Delica was too small, and the Endura was too big. Then, tada!! Here's the Endela. I had the K390 for awhile and enjoyed it, even preferred it to the PM2 for a knife of comparable size (I think? Been awhile)

Seems like, at least around here that the Endela has fallen out of favor.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I sincerely hope they do this with the Stretch 2 and Stretch 2 XL.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:33 pm
Yeah, I feel the same sentiment around here, but that definitely doesn't describe me. Between the Delica and Endura, I prefer the size of the Delica. But the Endela is goldilocks in my book. It's not talked about as much, but is definitely my preferred size!
MNOSD member 0030
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:54 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Yeah, I feel the same sentiment around here, but that definitely doesn't describe me. Between the Delica and Endura, I prefer the size of the Delica. But the Endela is goldilocks in my book. It's not talked about as much, but is definitely my preferred size!

I love my Endela SE (if it had a longer, more handle filling blade it could perhaps even be my favorite Spydie).

But generally and concerning the general market (not necessarily MY preferences) I think that it might have helped the Endela to stand out a bit more compared to or differ more from Stretch 2, Rockjumper, Manix...

How so?
Well, perhaps by designing it closer to the Delica (as of now to me it feels like 90% Endura and just 10 % Delica): So for example making the handle a bit shorter and more compact in carry (it would still offer enough space even for XXL hands and the current blade would still fit in) and especially giving it the thinner, 2.5 mm Delica blade stock (there are already quite some 3 mm and thicker blades in that size range Spydies out there).

Just my complete layman tolughts.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:39 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:54 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I love my Endela SE (if it had a longer, more handle filling blade it could perhaps even be my favorite Spydie).

But generally and concerning the general market (not necessarily MY preferences) I think that it might have helped the Endela to stand out a bit more compared to or differ more from Stretch 2, Rockjumper, Manix...

How so?
Well, perhaps by designing it closer to the Delica (as of now to me it feels like 90% Endura and just 10 % Delica): So for example making the handle a bit shorter and more compact in carry (it would still offer enough space even for XXL hands and the current blade would still fit in) and especially giving it the thinner, 2.5 mm Delica blade stock (there are already quite some 3 mm and thicker blades in that size range Spydies out there).

Just my complete layman tolughts.

Your ''layman'' thoughts are very wise. I also think Sal should have designed the Endela closer in size to the Delica.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that more people don't like the Endela. I remember there was a time when the Delica was too small, and the Endura was too big. Then, tada!! Here's the Endela. I had the K390 for awhile and enjoyed it, even preferred it to the PM2 for a knife of comparable size (I think? Been awhile)

i'm sure the endela is a fine knife. in fact, i like the way the bumps are a little less pronounced on the grip. i just prefer the longer or shorter blade and not so much an in-between. i never really understood the need for an intermediate model and it's always just looked off to me for some reason.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I like this Endela variant. I won't stay up until 2am waiting for it to drop, but if it's still around when I wake up, then I will most likely get one.

Count me among those folks that found the Endura too long, but wished the Delica had a bit more handle length.
benben

Post by benben »

I have a K390 Endela, it’s a fantastic knife! I’m just not a coated blade guy but I really appreciate DLT bringing this to market, it’ll be a great model!

Now uncoated Cru-Wear with a OD Green Jumper handle, oh yeah, someone bring that on!

Edit: Or how about just a production uncoated Cru-Wear LeafJumper in any color? ;)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

mikey177 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:56 am
I like this Endela variant. I won't stay up until 2am waiting for it to drop, but if it's still around when I wake up, then I will most likely get one.

Count me among those folks that found the Endura too long, but wished the Delica had a bit more handle length.
Same fate the Marlboro Mediums had. Marlboro Red guys aren’t downshifting and Marlboro Lights are arguably the best selling cigarette ever. Mediums were too close to the full strength Reds. I don’t smoke by the way…
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

For all of us here on the forum who my poo-poo it, David C. Andersen at Knife Center says the Endela is a great seller. I may prefer the Stretch, but there’s clearly a market for the knife.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Cruwear is not my favorite steel, but I think I'm going to have to buy this one. I have almost no time with the Endela, and this one is interesting enough that, combined with a typical DLT reasonable price point and my past (all very good) experiences with DLT's service, I'm in. I'll let it bump my LynchNW Delica out of my 5th pocket for a while and see what I think of it.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

kennethsime wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:25 am
For all of us here on the forum who my poo-poo it, David C. Andersen at Knife Center says the Endela is a great seller. I may prefer the Stretch, but there’s clearly a market for the knife.
My only complaint about the Endela is the lack of a choil. It's pretty much the Goldilocks size for EDC for me (and probably a lot of people) but I'm a finger choil kind of guy. I might have to try modding one to add a choil and see what I think.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I will probably get this although prefer the Stretch 2. Just can't guarantee they will do this combo in the Stretch platform. Hope it sells well, but not too fast so those interested can have a shot at it. Reminds me of the KnifeJoker Lil Native they did a run of recently.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bemo wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:43 am
I will probably get this although prefer the Stretch 2. Just can't guarantee they will do this combo in the Stretch platform. Hope it sells well, but not too fast so those interested can have a shot at it. Reminds me of the KnifeJoker Lil Native they did a run of recently.
Count me in for a Stretch in a black blade and color . It would be an awesome addition. MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

dan31 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:44 pm
Uncoated Endura would be a buy. Something about blacked out blades doesn’t work for me. I only have one DLC blade.
Same
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I feel like I'm one of the few people that prefer the Endela over the Stretch 2.

The choil of the Stretch 2 feels awkward for me, as I can get a full grip on the knife without it. Also, the pocket clip digs into the palm of my hand.

I'm glad Spyderco gives us different models to choose from, as people are really built differently.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

mikey177 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:01 am
I feel like I'm one of the few people that prefer the Endela over the Stretch 2.

The choil of the Stretch 2 feels awkward for me, as I can get a full grip on the knife without it. Also, the pocket clip digs into the palm of my hand.

I'm glad Spyderco gives us different models to choose from, as people are really built differently.
Well said and agree ! ;) Dan
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Need some pics for the thread
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005