SPK Lamia colab

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Soupart

Re: SPK Lamia colab

Post by Soupart »

I also made an account to voice my excitement for a spyderco/Spk collaboration! I found Alex instagram a few months ago and he has quickly become my favorite maker not only because his amazing craftsmanship but also seeing how much effort he puts into the community. Seeing a Spyderco Lamia would be an easy purchase for me and I could see myself wanting it a few different steels
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I like the drunken hardware

But it would need to be some trendy steel to get me to pull the trigger
Last edited by bbturbodad on Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Turbo
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

But it would need to be some trendy steel to get me to pull the trigger
-Turbo
Bike_rights

Post by Bike_rights »

I don't post on this forum very often, but I'll chime in for this one - sign me up for one in k390 and another in 4v. I have a couple of Alex's shark fixed blade and they are great for the end user due to an excellent grind, heat treat, and ergos. I haven't had a chance to try his folder yet, but I would bet it is a home run. A collab between Alex and Spyderco would be unreal!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I’d love it if we can have it for $2-300. Taiwan is probably the factory for it based on quality and production capacity.

I have an SPK Shark, and would have a Lamia if I had more knife money to spend right now. Alex does great work.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
bladee

Post by bladee »

oh my ******* *** this seems so promising and i am hyped as ****. good **** alex
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:35 pm
it's crazy to see something like this take place in a day. very cool.
Thinking the same thing.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dr_No, Soupart, Bike_rights, Bladee,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Great looking knife! I would love to see this design with a clip point, to stand out from the most Spyderco’s, and a different lock. A Ti integral comp lock would be sweet!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Very interesting. I hope it works out.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Hi Alex, if this collab ever materializes in the far, far future, please kindly make the clips ambidextrous...thanks! From all lefties out there.
😉
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

I'd absolutely be in for one of these if it comes to fruition. Given my luck with lottos and inability to understand how to make IG notify me of anything, even if it takes 18 months it'll still probably be my first chance to get a Lamia!
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I like the design and the name.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
jdw

Post by jdw »

This is a great thread. I would buy one with the right steel if Spyderco doesn't price me out of their market in the next couple of years.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
JSNV

Post by JSNV »

I have three SPK sharks from Alex and they are hands down the best fixed blade edcs in my collection. Overall geometry, heat treat and ergos are all exceptional. I’ve been trying to get my hands on a Lamia, but a Spyderco-SPK colab would be amazing!

John
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Rinzler wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:04 pm
MaxFactor wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:01 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:28 pm
Will the features that make the Lamia special translate into the production side?
Genuinely curious, what do you consider those features to be,
Add me as another curious to know.

I looked around the website for SPK. The Lamia is a great looking knife but I’m digging the textured handles and vibrant colors, though I couldn’t find an assembled knife picture with bright handles.

If Spyderco decides to make it, I hope it keeps those textures and colors and the thin grind with exotic steels (same reason I'm very curious how the BBB Collab will come out, and the performance delica)
Poncho151

Post by Poncho151 »

As a fan of Alex and his work along with my want for a Lamia, I fully support this! Furthermore, I think that Alex and Spyderco’s philosophies on performance and heat treating align perfectly. Also not to mention that he’s been praising Spyderco dating back to his days of testing the latest and greatest knife steels and heat treatments. I would love to see this come to the market and would 100% buy one! Oh and I’d love to see it in CruWear!
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Sorry but I would prefer to see his Shark with a Spyderco collaboration :exploding-head
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
rcwill98

Post by rcwill98 »

nerdlock wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:36 am
Hi Alex, if this collab ever materializes in the far, far future, please kindly make the clips ambidextrous...thanks! From all lefties out there.
😉
He’s said on instagram that he will eventually make LH Lamia’s - being a lefty as well, I’d love this because I have several Sharks and Sasquatch’s and really enjoy them.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Poncho,

Welcome to our forum.

sal