Knifecenter All Black PM2 CruWear coming soon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Urkilnmesmalls

Re: Knifecenter All Black PM2 CruWear coming soon

Post by Urkilnmesmalls »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:48 am
800FD18E-570E-4E97-B813-91A5412641FA.jpeg
Urkilnmesmalls wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:37 am
I’m hoping they will do a cruwear para 3.
Already past my friend
Well I am pretty sad I missed that somehow. At least I won’t have my hopes up now.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Guts wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:18 am
Mrj wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:03 am
Now available

Thanks. A little tough to swallow with tax, but been wanting a standard Cruwear PM2 and not the full liner micarta version.

There’s also this: https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-par ... wear-blade
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Guts

Post by Guts »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:25 pm

There’s also this: https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-par ... wear-blade
For some reason I thought that version was already sold out, but I should have checked first. I'll have to email knifecenter to see if they can adjust my order. They don't let you cancel through your orders page :-||
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
rgc

Post by rgc »

Forgive me, but, I just don't get smooth G-10.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

rgc wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:30 pm
Does that go for all smooth handle materials or just smooth G10?
- Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

rgc wrote:
No worries smooth G10 do not appeal to me either . If I was to purchase another PM2 it would be the DLT variation. I do think the KC variation will go rather fast . Nice we have variety . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
rgc

Post by rgc »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:45 pm
rgc wrote:
Does that go for all smooth handle materials or just smooth G10?
Looking at my knives, probably all smooth handles. In micarta I like canvas or at least linen but not paper. Same reason I tend to shy away from full titanium knives. Needs a little texture for me to feel secure. I currently don't have any knives with wood handles (though I have one in maple on order with Winkler). I guess I never had a problem with the old Buck 110 and such. Maybe I am just putting my aesthetics in to this to much. Anywho, as was mentioned, good thing Spyderco gives us tons of choices.
SpyderForLyfe

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

I'm getting tired of Cruwear PMs... they ran too many this year. Time to change up the blade steel a little! And I'd love to see that beautiful brushed S45VN become the default steel for the stock Manix line in 2023. I'm getting tired of that dull S30V. And if a Manix 3 is on the horizon, I still want to see a thicker blade stock version of the XL, like the native chief
sup3rnaut

Post by sup3rnaut »

I’d prefer a satin, or ideally; a stonewashed finish on the blade

As it is; welp, I already have DLT’s DLC CruWear PM2 with grape G-10 scales, so have little desire for the same thing, but more plain. Ymmv

Still, I love to see exclusives like this. Imo, they’re superior to the “CruCarta” standard version.
SpyderForLyfe

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

sup3rnaut wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:11 pm

As it is; welp, I already have DLT’s DLC CruWear PM2 with grape G-10 scales, so have little desire for the same thing, but more plain. Ymmv

Still, I love to see exclusives like this. Imo, they’re superior to the “CruCarta” standard version.
I just got the S90V version in OD Green from DLT and it's honestly a thing of beauty. It feels like it came already broken in from DLT. It's the smoothest running PM2 I have and I didn't even have to take it apart. If you're hankering for a PM2 with high end steel that isn't Micarta, you won't be disappointed with this one.

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-par ... s90v-blade
Guts

Post by Guts »

sup3rnaut wrote:

Yeah I have a Crucarta PM2 but I honestly wasn't a fan of the Micarta scales in combination with the full liners. I think I wouldn't have minded if it only had one or the other, but not both of those things. The Micarta on my example would flex a bit too much so it prevented the full actuation of the compression lock if I wasn't careful to hold it a certain way while I pressed the lock tab. The full liners on the other hand basically negate the vast aftermarket of scales available for the PM2. If one doesn't like Micarta in the first place or experienced the compression lock issue I described, that would be the one thing someone would want to change on that model, but they physically can't due to the full liners and would have to modify the scales themselves.

If it only had G10 scales with full liners I wouldn't have minded since G10 is stiff enough to not affect the compression lock actuation. Or on the other hand if it had Micarta scales but with the regular liners, I also wouldn't have minded because I could just swap to G10 scales easily enough.

I ended up acquiring a standard seconds PM2 and swapped the satin Cruwear blade into that handle and am happy now. Not sure what to do with the Micarta handle+liners now, but I'll probably sell it. Knifecenter also just shipped my all black Smooth G10 Cruwear PM2 :smiling-cheeks
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
sup3rnaut

Post by sup3rnaut »

Guts wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:01 pm
sup3rnaut wrote:

Yeah I have a Crucarta PM2 but I honestly wasn't a fan of the Micarta scales in combination with the full liners. I think I wouldn't have minded if it only had one or the other, but not both of those things. The Micarta on my example would flex a bit too much so it prevented the full actuation of the compression lock if I wasn't careful to hold it a certain way while I pressed the lock tab. The full liners on the other hand basically negate the vast aftermarket of scales available for the PM2. If one doesn't like Micarta in the first place or experienced the compression lock issue I described, that would be the one thing someone would want to change on that model, but they physically can't due to the full liners and would have to modify the scales themselves.

If it only had G10 scales with full liners I wouldn't have minded since G10 is stiff enough to not affect the compression lock actuation. Or on the other hand if it had Micarta scales but with the regular liners, I also wouldn't have minded because I could just swap to G10 scales easily enough.

I ended up acquiring a standard seconds PM2 and swapped the satin Cruwear blade into that handle and am happy now. Not sure what to do with the Micarta handle+liners now, but I'll probably sell it. Knifecenter also just shipped my all black Smooth G10 Cruwear PM2 :smiling-cheeks
Yep, the reasons you mentioned are exactly why I’m not a fan of the CruCarta version. Full liners on a PM2 are a dealbreaker for me; period.

Glad to hear that you bought yourself an upgrade! 😁
z1r

Post by z1r »

Hmm, the full liners of the CruCarta never bothered me. I liked it so much, I bought a second on sale. They work just as well as any of my other pm2s. Never really cared about scale swaps but I suppose if it were important to me, then it would be a strike against it. Wish I needed a 7th PM2, this blacked out CruWear is appealing.
miohin

Post by miohin »

Is the smooth G10 used on this model similar to the extremely smooth G10 used on the Chap Sun and Moon or different?

I had never encountered G10 so smooth until I received a Sun and Moon for Christmas.
Lurker
419onscene

Post by 419onscene »

Arrived today alongside another Spydie, the Janich custom Jandela from 5x5. Endela ground down to a 2.5" Wharncliffe

:bug-red-white
PM 2's in s110v, Maxamet, s90v
PM 3 in s110v
Jandura
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

miohin wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:19 am
Is the smooth G10 used on this model similar to the extremely smooth G10 used on the Chap Sun and Moon or different?

I had never encountered G10 so smooth until I received a Sun and Moon for Christmas.
Not as smooth as the Sun and Moon. You can still see/feel the G-10 texture on the KC smooth G-10 exclusives
rgc

Post by rgc »

SpyderForLyfe wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:25 pm
sup3rnaut wrote:

I just got the S90V version in OD Green from DLT and it's honestly a thing of beauty. It feels like it came already broken in from DLT. It's the smoothest running PM2 I have and I didn't even have to take it apart. If you're hankering for a PM2 with high end steel that isn't Micarta, you won't be disappointed with this one.

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-par ... s90v-blade
If only they would offer this version in the Military.