Aftermarket Bearings for Mantra 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Aftermarket Bearings for Mantra 2?

Post by Sharp Guy »

The factory bearings are now back in my Mantra. The Skiff bearings were a nice experiment but not an improvement in my Mantra
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I may give them a try. None of my Spyderco flippers had good action compared to other brands I own. At least on the majority of Spyderco flippers, the opening hole is still useful. On flipper knives I prefer to have an alternative to flipping only.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:40 am
I may give them a try. None of my Spyderco flippers had good action compared to other brands I own. At least on the majority of Spyderco flippers, the opening hole is still useful. On flipper knives I prefer to have an alternative to flipping only.
Yeah my Mantra is maybe a tick behind some of the ZTs and Civivis but it's not it's not poor either. Especially since I improved the detent. The action is very smooth and it flips great. All my other Spyderco flippers are good too. My Sliverax needed a detent tune as well but now it's as good as flippers from other makers. My Advocate is pretty close to that. No need to even consider replacing the bearings in those
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!