Omg gayle Bradley 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hoimin

Re: Omg gayle Bradley 2

Post by hoimin »

Yeah, the GB and GB2 are completely different patterns, but with the same material selections and aesthetic. Judging by Mr. Bradley's interviews about the two designs, that was his intention. The first one was purpose-built for Spyderco as a work knife. The GB2 is a custom collaboration of Model 4, which is a larger gent's folder.

The nomenclature and some of the marketing made it a bit confusing for some, suggesting it was a replacement/improvement for the GB. Coupled with the GB's retirement, it's hard not to interpret it that way.

For me, the GB2 checks off all my preferences in the ways that my previous Spydercos weren't quite designed for, while looking very stylish at the same time. I think it's a platform that can scale smaller quite easily.
anycal

Post by anycal »

One on a short list of knives to get next.

Love the subject line! I think that just pushed it toward the top of the list. Now, time to talk to the mrs. and plant the seed...
Peter
gonebad395

Post by gonebad395 »

I've only been caring for less them 24 hrs but it's doing everything I need it to do. Work is hard to take pics at because we are always moving and fast but torch rubber repairs np at all and splicing welding lead np can't say enough good thing about this blade
Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
GBRookie

Post by GBRookie »

hoimin wrote:Yeah, the GB and GB2 are completely different patterns, but with the same material selections and aesthetic. Judging by Mr. Bradley's interviews about the two designs, that was his intention. The first one was purpose-built for Spyderco as a work knife. The GB2 is a custom collaboration of Model 4, which is a larger gent's folder.

The nomenclature and some of the marketing made it a bit confusing for some, suggesting it was a replacement/improvement for the GB. Coupled with the GB's retirement, it's hard not to interpret it that way.

For me, the GB2 checks off all my preferences in the ways that my previous Spydercos weren't quite designed for, while looking very stylish at the same time. I think it's a platform that can scale smaller quite easily.
I feel your right on the money. Hardly carried anything else since I received mine. Mr Bradley knows how to make a knife.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I've been thinking about getting a GB2 for a while now, these threads always push me closer to pulling the trigger. I always hear such good things. Might be my next.

Congrats on the new knife, glad you're happy with it
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

[quote="bearfacedkiller"]One of the best values in the whole knife world. I love mine.

quote]

easily one of the best folding knife values for sure.

I can only think of a small handful of other knives that match what you get with this knife and they aren't spydercos
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

love my GB, GB2 is still on the wishlist.. will surely miss the choill but will prefer the weight. hopefully someday I'll be able to see which I'll prefer.
GBRookie

Post by GBRookie »

I'll still continue to use my GB1 as a work blade while treating the GB2 as more of a large gent's folder, still capable of heavy use if needed.

For me the GB2 begs for custom scales. Maybe dress it up with some bright hardware and deep carry clip.

I wish they would have made the GB1 with some of that awesome, perfectly textured, Spyderco G10. Then I might have been more happy with the cf overlay of the GB2.
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

This thread needs another pic.

My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
gonebad395

Post by gonebad395 »

Well it's been a few days and this knife has knocked them all out of the pocket. The M4 is getting a nice patina on it let's see some more pics of yours guys. So glad I got this knife
Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Love my GB2 :)
Josh