BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Able Dog

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by Able Dog »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Has Blade HQ ever done an exclusive before? If this is their first they're hitting it out of the park.
This is their first Spyderco exclusive, but they have sold a lot of previous exclusive models from other manufacturers.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
xinam

Post by xinam »

Looks good, might have to give this a try...
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Dare I ask about the timeline for this?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

ohcyclist wrote:Dare I ask about the timeline for this?
I would say be ever vigilant if you want to acquire one.
Last edited by senorsquare on Wed May 13, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I hope they ordered enough! :D :eek:

This might get crazy.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

twinboysdad wrote:Grail achieved. BHQ, please commission same set up in a Millie too. It will also sell faster than the speed of light.
And, perhaps an M4 Manix2 with jade G10?
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Tsa1

Post by Tsa1 »

Hopefully they ordered about 1500 of these bad boys. Limit one per address and we should all get one.

Knifeworks is going to have to drop the price of their exclusive. I'm thinking $199 lol
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Not the same ole same ole para2..

We've taken the Para2 platform and tweaked it slightly to bring you a unique knife that you'll be proud to have in your pocket or display case, while keeping the cost reasonable.

"This next generation Spyderco Para-Military knife features a number of inspiring changes. The revised handle has a thinner profile at the end to improve the ergonomics and the ambidextrous four-way reversible pocket clip rests deeper in the pocket as well. The blade has an elongated profile, with an increased cutting edge, finger choil and thumb ramp. Implementation of a new Bushing Pivot System generates fluid action and more consistent manufacturing tolerances. The Para-Military still has the solid, confidence inspiring Compression Lock on the handle spine. Lastly, the size of the lanyard hole has been generously increased, giving the user more carry options. This all results in more than just change for the sake of change, it's a real improvement on an already great knife."
The marketing blurb above is similar to the one on Spyderco's catalog for the current Para2:
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it explains the improvements going from Para1 to Para2, not 'new' improvements to the existing Para2.

But you had my attention there for a moment! :D

At $150 I'm in too, heehaa!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Whoa. Game on.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Love it! Lots of win there. $150 is a nice surprise too.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I'm definitely in. Love the similar Halpern scales on my S110v Mule. Very clean looking.
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

The KW, as we know is limited to 1200. I am not seeing a production limit on any of the info for the BHQ. I wonder if that is impacting the price difference.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Almoe66 wrote:The KW, as we know is limited to 1200. I am not seeing a production limit on any of the info for the BHQ. I wonder if that is impacting the price difference.
AFAIK, runs go up to 1200 max. That's the limit but subsequent runs can be requested.

I haven't purchased from BHQ in years, my other dealers esp KW always has them beat in price. For once, they got something that I will buy.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I could care less about BHQ price vs KW. I flipping love natural G10 and could take or leave CF. Think how great it will look with patina!!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Wow, great news to wake up to :D This has win win written all over it :D

I wasn't blown away by the KW exclusive but this one hits all the right notes (blade steel, handle and price). Just wondering if the knife in the BHQ photo is a production sample or a computer generated image? If it's a production proto then it could be hitting the streets soon :D

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Brock O Lee wrote: The marketing blurb above is similar to the one on Spyderco's catalog for the current Para2:
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it explains the improvements going from Para1 to Para2, not 'new' improvements to the existing Para2.

But you had my attention there for a moment! :D

At $150 I'm in too, heehaa!
Yep..you are correct..I edited my post.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

twinboysdad wrote:I could care less about BHQ price vs KW. I flipping love natural G10 and could take or leave CF. Think how great it will look with patina!!
Pricing does matter a great deal to a lot of people so we talk about price..the price difference between the KW and BHQ M4 Para2's is $90..that's not small potatoes..

Other than the CF/G10 handles they are the same knife..is CF really that much more expensive than G10?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I might have poorly conveyed my thoughts. I have a limited knife budget, so price matters, I just meant between CF and natural G10 I really like natty G10 a whole lot better. It is a Grail scale for me and I would by one of every model in that configuration- money willing
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

This is a grail PM2, I've been wanting to get ghost jade handles made for a PM2 for awhile and have been waiting for an m4 one as well.. :D
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Now for a Military made just like this :)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050