Wow, I'm having trouble finding the words...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jazz

Re: Wow, I'm having trouble finding the words...

Post by Jazz »

Got some tearing up here, too. Awesome lot of folks, Spyderco and this forum. Stay strong, Arlene and Ken.:)
- best wishes, Jazz.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

That's absolutely amazing.

Sal and team have yet again renewed my faith in people.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Ken & Arlene,
You are both very welcome! We are very fortunate to be able to do what we do. We never forget that. We are most fortunate though to have this awesome community of people who are truly special.

Arlene, your positive outlook is an inspiration. We've got your back!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Spyderco, well done.

Arlene, kick butt!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is so reminescent of what Spyderco did for me about 10 years ago. Going to the 2005 BLADE Show in ATLANTA, GA USA my best friend Chuck who had planned on going with me at the time but became very ill. He had become a very avid Spyderco collector/user like myself and many others who have gotten addicted :D . He was in ill health and I sensed there was something very wrong with him and being he couldn't go to the show he wanted me to find him a KOPA model with a black handle at the show. Well I did find one from a knife dealer who had a booth at the show from Las Vegas Nevada USA who was a very friendly guy and I also bought about 3 other Spyders from him.

When I got back from the show it was two days later my best friend Chuck died>> it hit me like a freight train and emotionally drained me at the time because he had been one of my best friends since childhood. It was the worst pallbearer job I ever had :( . I contacted Spyderco about getting the KOPA knife engraved with his birth and death dates on it so I could present it to his brother. It got here about two days after the funeral was over and his brother who had the knife who was also a good friend of mine just died recently on New Years Day this year and now the knife is with his son>> and his son assured me that knife will be a family hierloom for years to come.

I offered to pay Spyderco for the engraving job and they did an excellent job of engraving and told me there would be no charge. It was close to 10 years ago in 2005 when it all happened but it seems like it was just a couple of months ago. Spyderco really lifted my spirits and made Chuck's family very happy as well during a very hard time.

So Ken I can also attest to the great crew there at Golden, Colorado USA Earth. Since then they have been my favorite make of knife by far and for many different reasons. It is great to have someone pick you up when you are so down you can't even hardly look up. You better believe Spyderco is a first class organization all the way around.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I've never heard of a group of people in a company doing anything like this. It's not a company that does this. It's the people. Gotta be a good group in the Spyderco company.

My prayers are with you and Arlene.

Jack
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

oh wow. uhh phew I think I uhh have some steel in my eyes from my last sharpening.... This is why Spyderco was, is and always will be, the best. This gesture has brought my full respect out for all of the folks at Spyderco. Major kudos to all of the team. Prayers to you and your wife, Ken.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

This is overwhelming... :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Wow is right!

Never thought I would be tearing up on a knife forum. Well, today at least.
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Holland wrote:Wow! Spyderco has to be the classiest company :)
I am sorry to hear your family is going through this again, but like spyderco has said, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Prayers will continually be sent your way :)
+1 because my english is not good enough to say it better.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D