Dog attack!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I have been attacked by dogs on three different occasions...on my own property....once there was a pack (4 of them) running wild on my property and they attacked my chained up Akita...ripped her face apart...after that we called her scarface. She did manage to fight off all four dogs before I could come to her aid.. Another time I did pull a firearm on one dog that jumped up and bit my crotch and was hanging there from the crotch for a bit with it's teeth sunk into my jeans...luckily it didn't bite anything that would make you cringe....the same dog bit my ankle but I was wearing a metal gun magazine in an ankle holster so it didn't get my leg ( dented the magazine which I had to throw out) but I bet it hurt that dog's teeth...didn't get my ankle. The owner just stood there telling the dog "ohhhh pokie leave the man alone" ( I should have shot the owner) I called the police after the incident and it seems I would have been in my rights to shoot the dog dead, I was told that If I ran into the house and got a firearm I would have gone to jail as there are laws on the books where I live that protects animals....I was told if the Firearm was on my person it was my right to shoot the attacking dog dead. Mind you I'm a dog lover so I would find that hard to do. Pepper spray (which I don't carry) works really well with dogs as their olfactory senses are right up front, don't believe me ask any mailman...LOL...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I have been attacked by dogs on three different occasions...on my own property....once there was a pack (4 of them) running wild on my property and they attacked my chained up Akita...ripped her face apart...after that we called her scarface. She did manage to fight off all four dogs before I could come to her aid.. Another time I did pull a firearm on one dog that jumped up and bit my crotch and was hanging there from the crotch for a bit with it's teeth sunk into my jeans...luckily it didn't bite anything that would make you cringe....the same dog bit my ankle but I was wearing a metal gun magazine in an ankle holster so it didn't get my leg ( dented the magazine which I had to throw out) but I bet it hurt that dog's teeth...didn't get my ankle. The owner just stood there telling the dog "ohhhh pokie leave the man alone" ( I should have shot the owner) I called the police after the incident and it seems I would have been in my rights to shoot the dog dead, I was told that If I ran into the house and got a firearm I would have gone to jail as there are laws on the books where I live that protects animals....I was told if the Firearm was on my person it was my right to shoot the attacking dog dead. Mind you I'm a dog lover so I would find that hard to do. Pepper spray (which I don't carry) works really well with dogs as their olfactory senses are right up front, don't believe me ask any mailman...LOL...Doc :D
Ouch! I wouldn't want to get bitten down bellow... if it goes for the family jewels thats a really bad scenario... :D
thewannabesurvivalist
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The only time i've ever been bitten was when i was about 14 i was riding a wheelie on my bike in front of my buddy's house and his neighbor's dog ran out and bit me right in the butt in mid wheelie...lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I remembered I was attacked by a German Shepard when I was 3 or 4 years old. He lived next door and I played with him a little. Can't remember how often. One day I went into their yard to pet the dog while he was eating. As I approached him he ran at me and I got scared and ran. He bit me a little in the leg. The worst thing was I had to go get a shot! :( After that my Dad taught me not to approach a dog while they are eating. Gee, thanks Dad. :mad: Why didn't you tell me that yesterday. :)

Jack