The Toolcord -- photo

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Shanklick

Post by Shanklick »

I like to try any idea that keeps tools together that I know I keep in the same spot when I am done. It has some pros and cons versus a crazy 80 tool SAK or even a 40 or 20ish tool packed in one. The best part of the toolcord to me is the ability to add the exact tools you like to use like the opener you mentioned. Then of course nothing says you can't have both and just carry the one that makes the most sense closer than the other.

Not trying to hijack the thread but regarding the comment a couple above this one about the use of a heavy key chain I just want to throw out a warning as someone that was a mechanic for years. Most vehicles can only take so much weight before damage to the ignition switch can occur. It is better to keep a separate key chain that starts your vehicle that is light and one that can be as heavy and packed as you want it to be to avoid this possibility. The switch is just not normally made to take extreme weight pulling down on it.

I replaced many ignitions myself for customers with the kitchen sink hooked to their key chains and any amount of unnecessary shop work is usually enough of a lesson for most to change their ways. Not trying to criticize, it might not ever end up being an issue with the added weight but it is a genuine chance to avoid a repair that you usually never have to make and money out of pocket that could buy another tool. ;)
:spyder:...
DaisySibyl

Post by DaisySibyl »

I like the idea, it is really ingenious. You can use it for various purposes, with much success. Good job