Mule team Sold out already WOW

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
rocketbomb

Post by rocketbomb »

It would seem to my untrained mind that they may, for practical reasons, be releasing them over time. You know, they keep more than just one kind of knife in the SFO, so six hundred mules probably wouldn't fit well. Also, I think it's safe to assume there's a limit to the rate they can process the orders, pack, and ship them. If all 600 had been ordered today, it would probably still take them quite some time to get them all shipped anyway. Just a couple thoughts.
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword..." Hebrews 4:12

I may be slow, but I'm not very good.
-B. Stark
Will V.

Post by Will V. »

I only ordered one, as well.
"leave shiny footprints"
- Sal
-
Member, International Order of the Spyderedge!
araneae

Post by araneae »

As Tricod stated, they only put a few of the 600 up on the site. I am sure there are plenty left to go around. I think as long as everyone respects the limit of 2 per person we will all get our mule. Perhaps be courteous and order one now and if there are enough left order another later.

Also, as pointed out there will be a limit as to how many can be processed by the staff so please take a deep breath, chill out & cut the SFO folks a bit of slack.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

well, I help to balance it out as I didn't get any. :)

I hadn't quite decided on this knife, but I decided not to get it once I read that the 52100 steel wasn't very corrosion resistant (I've been spoiled by VG-10 :D ). I do like the look of this knife, but seeing as how I'm not a real steel junkie, and the future releases are going to be the same knife, just different steel; I thought I'd wait until it came out in a steel I found more desirable. :cool:
Back from an extended hiatus.
gac

Post by gac »

Tricod wrote:Dont feel bad about ordering 2. If thats what you signed up for, then buy two. I feel like alot of people at didnt sign up or any are buying these. I would bet that the 2nd steel run sells about half as many, and then the 3rd gets you to the real steel junkies that are actually interested.
I think you're right on. The junkies will spend that extra dough. I hope to get a couple other of the steels but am not determined to do so. I'll have to get a sheath first anyway. Right now I'm planning to just keep the knife in the box and carry the box around in a pocket.
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

araneae wrote:As Tricod stated, they only put a few of the 600 up on the site. I am sure there are plenty left to go around. I think as long as everyone respects the limit of 2 per person we will all get our mule. Perhaps be courteous and order one now and if there are enough left order another later.

Also, as pointed out there will be a limit as to how many can be processed by the staff so please take a deep breath, chill out & cut the SFO folks a bit of slack.
Courteous is all fine and good, but pay double the shipping and more chances of customs and duty on each shipment. I want to be courteous but not to an extent where I am paying for 3 knives while really getting two.

aj

P.S If there are 600 mules why are people worried
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
araneae

Post by araneae »

I can say without a doubt that there are still plenty of Mules left. It was only the initial 50 that sold out on the site & more have been added. Just got off the phone with Lynnette (who was very pleaseant ;) ) and she confirmed this was the case. I ordered 1 knife as I'd like all of my knifebros/sisters to have a shot at getting one. I can understand your point though aj1985.

If you haven't tried yet they are up on the site:
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=283
-Nick

Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I just ordered two, if there are lots of people who missed out on this variant I will let one of em go.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
dmrllgr

Now thinking with a clear head

Post by dmrllgr »

I have to say, that this has been something I had been looking forward to for the past several months (like a lot of other people). Late last night was the first time I had a chance to check the forums and saw that the Mule was available and already sold out, I have to say I panicked. Today, I got home from work, and am now relieved that I get to be involved in the initial run. Now I just have to wait by the mailbox.
clovisc

mule incoming

Post by clovisc »

received a confirmation email today that my mule has shipped, so issues of "not enough on hand" don't affect me, fortunately... so very excited for this knife!!! i'll continue waiting eagerly until it makes it to my doorstep!
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

dmrllgr wrote:I have to say, that this has been something I had been looking forward to for the past several months (like a lot of other people). Late last night was the first time I had a chance to check the forums and saw that the Mule was available and already sold out, I have to say I panicked. Today, I got home from work, and am now relieved that I get to be involved in the initial run. Now I just have to wait by the mailbox.
The panic is what hit me and then had me pissed. When you call multiple times and constantly check the site only to see it sold out the first time the knife is posted it can be a bit disconcerting. Like you I have waited eagerly for months to get my hands on one and just figured demand far exceeded expectations, when all that really happened is that only 50 were released initially. In the end I have one on the way and will have it soon enough.

Mike
Slick

Post by Slick »

Remember the Mules are a cost plus gift to us knuts from Sal. I too am disconcerted by how this release has gone so far. Remember this is not a regular release from Golden and must not interfere with their regular production knives.

All said I am still very disapointed to have missed the 52100 first batch. I don't know if I'll be in the right place at the right time for subsequent lots. There are times I am out of touch for a week at a time.

Maybe the SFO could send me a heads up when to expect the next release so I could hit the SFO at the right time. Not you guys, just me. ;) ;) ;)
Not really all that slick ;)
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

They are still for sale. So you can still get one from the first batch... They have plenty in stock.
Slick wrote:Remember the Mules are a cost plus gift to us knuts from Sal. I too am disconcerted by how this release has gone so far. Remember this is not a regular release from Golden and must not interfere with their regular production knives.

All said I am still very disapointed to have missed the 52100 first batch. I don't know if I'll be in the right place at the right time for subsequent lots. There are times I am out of touch for a week at a time.

Maybe the SFO could send me a heads up when to expect the next release so I could hit the SFO at the right time. Not you guys, just me. ;) ;) ;)
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Slick wrote:All said I am still very disapointed to have missed the 52100 first batch. I don't know if I'll be in the right place at the right time for subsequent lots. There are times I am out of touch for a week at a time.
Unless I'm mistaken, they appear to be available right now.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=283
Carson
araneae

Post by araneae »

Perhaps we could voluntarily let this thread die so as to prevent misleading any others as they don't seem to be reading the actual posts, just the title. There are still people posting about missing out on ordering.

So please, DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD!
-Nick