Where's the 3V?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ykspydiefan

Re: Where's the 3V?

Post by ykspydiefan »

My 3v dream has another maker with a special secret 3v recipe doing a collaboration with Spyderco. A maker with an exceptional lineup of fixed blades, but no folders. A maker with the original Delta variant not that virus Delta variant bs that is steeling the lime light.

IMHO there is lots of 3v out there. A Spyderco folder in CPK Delta 3V would be something special. 9th page in, if someone has posted this already, I'll second it. I did not read every page....

Maybe one fixed blade, a Mule just to figure it out, right! As for which Spyderco platform? I would like it in a Resilience or Endura or the model with the lowest production cost. I would like to be able to afford one.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

^ Right? It would break the internet if these two collaborated.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

As a high wear resistance junkie, I've been less than impressed in that aspect on my lone 3V knife (fixed blade). Though I have recently knocked off a couple degrees to see how it does this time around. The toughness of 3V is certainly no joke though, and something that usually doesn't matter to me...until it does.

The last time around carrying mine, I was cutting plastic banding around some packaging along my dock wall. Stupid me, in a hurry and not thinking didn't pull the package away from the wall and as the 3V easily sliced through, the momentum carried and you guessed it...belly of the blade right into the concrete wall. I dreaded looking, but was pleasantly surprised to see NO damage! I've dinged other blades on things you would think would be less severe, but sustained damaged.

So I guess like any other steel, what really matters to you makes or breaks 3V. Unless you just want to add something different to your collection regardless. I personally won't be seeking anymore in the future.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
benben

Post by benben »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:30 am
As a high wear resistance junkie, I've been less than impressed in that aspect on my lone 3V knife (fixed blade). Though I have recently knocked off a couple degrees to see how it does this time around. The toughness of 3V is certainly no joke though, and something that usually doesn't matter to me...until it does.

The last time around carrying mine, I was cutting plastic banding around some packaging along my dock wall. Stupid me, in a hurry and not thinking didn't pull the package away from the wall and as the 3V easily sliced through, the momentum carried and you guessed it...belly of the blade right into the concrete wall. I dreaded looking, but was pleasantly surprised to see NO damage! I've dinged other blades on things you would think would be less severe, but sustained damaged.

So I guess like any other steel, what really matters to you makes or breaks 3V. Unless you just want to add something different to your collection regardless. I personally won't be seeking anymore in the future.
What would be your absolute go to steel in a special make up Spyderco fixie? I'm really curious cause I'm trying to decide on one for me right now. I want one, or think I want one in 3V simply because I've never owned 3V before.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

benben wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:53 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:30 am

What would be your absolute go to steel in a special make up Spyderco fixie? I'm really curious cause I'm trying to decide on one for me right now. I want one, or think I want one in 3V simply because I've never owned 3V before.
I really enjoy the PMA11/(10V) Mule that I've got, and I think the 4V/Vanadis 4E steels that I've tried so far would be my personal favorites. Tough enough, but I also seem to have better edge retention with those steels as well. Again, I'm one of those weirdo's where that matters most to me, so my view on steels is a little different than a lot of people.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:04 am
My 3v dream has another maker with a special secret 3v recipe doing a collaboration with Spyderco. A maker with an exceptional lineup of fixed blades, but no folders. A maker with the original Delta variant not that virus Delta variant bs that is steeling the lime light.

IMHO there is lots of 3v out there. A Spyderco folder in CPK Delta 3V would be something special. 9th page in, if someone has posted this already, I'll second it. I did not read every page....

Maybe one fixed blade, a Mule just to figure it out, right! As for which Spyderco platform? I would like it in a Resilience or Endura or the model with the lowest production cost. I would like to be able to afford one.

I can't remember if I suggested a CPK Delta 3V collab in this thread, but I have suggested it in many threads numerous times. I am a big fan of Nathan's work and he is local here near Charlotte so even better!

A Green Micarta Endela in CPK's Delta 3V might just be my grail EDC knife. I'll take one in a Wharnie too!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red