JD's Top 10: Everything included

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bk400

Re: JD's Top 10: Everything included

Post by bk400 »

It has been some time since I've been on the forum. My top 9 (and a brief explanation for why):

1) Delica 4. VG-10. CE -- Jack of all trades, master of none. It may not do any job the most efficiently or effectively, but it can do almost any job. Light and versatile enough to be carried.

2) Para 2. PE. Original version. No debate here. Arguably the most versatile knife in the Spyderco lineup.
3) Endura 4. Flat grind, PE. Light weight and effective. Perfect if you need more blade, but don't want to carry a lot of extra weight
4) Atlantic Salt, SE. Most functional and economical solution for marine applications
5) Pacific Salt, PE. I find the best for outdoor food prep while camping or boating. Light and maintenance free.
6) Tasman Salt, SE. Quintessential pull cutter.
7) Mini Manix, Backlock version, PE. I like the old school weight and heft. Feels great in the hand. Like a 1911 versus a Glock.
8) Civilian, SE. One of a kind. Controversial, for sure.
9) Police, SE. SS handle. Old school. The Police 3 is great, but feels flimsy for its intended use.
MadMaximus

Post by MadMaximus »

1.)Manix 2 CPM-M4
2.)PM2 (various)
3.)Military CPM-Cruwear
4.)Native 5 G-10
5.)Native CTS-XHP
6.)Delica 4 VG-10 (Combo edge, I'm sure there will be haters for this one!)
7.)Pacific Salt SE
8.)Native CPM-S30V SE
9.)Salt 1 PE
10.)Dragonfly ZDP-189/H-1 SE

Others: Endura 4 ZDP-189, Manix 2 CPM-Cruwear, Paramilitary (Gen 1) CPM-D2

Pretty much the Spydie's I still have/carry regularly...the blades for my list were obvious, but ranking them was not. Pretty much in order of the time in pocket they get. That's a good way to tell, right?
Last edited by MadMaximus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

Yojimbo. Original version
Kiwi
Bob T
Spy-DK
Jess Horn. Any version
Kuhkri
Leafstorm
Zowada. Any version
Dragonfly Nishijin