Google Wallet

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Google Wallet

Post by MacLaren »

Just signed up and so far, really like it.
Anyone else use the Wallet? And, how are you liking it so far?
The Deacon

Re: Google Wallet

Post by The Deacon »

MacLaren wrote:Just signed up and so far, really like it.
It's been 4 months, how's that working out for you? Not that I have any intention of ever getting one. IMHO, while Google is an excellent search engine, it's also the most evil "big brother" out there when it comes to collecting, storing, data-mining, and disseminating private personal information. I trust them even less than I trust Microsoft, the NSA, or even the BATF. I try to give them as little of my personal information as possible, never had a Gmail account, don't have Google+, and my Google calendar contains only cryptic entries that only I would understand. I can't imagine ever wittingly give them any of my financial information.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The Deacon wrote: I can't imagine ever wittingly give them any of my financial information.
Don't worry, Paul. They already have it.

The thing that's REALLY been bothering ME recently is sites (generally financial sites) security questions. They've begun asking me to "verify" things (to prove
I am me) that I KNOW I never told them.

What was my Mother's sisters name?
What town was my father born in?

They've asked questions I don't even know the answers to. Where are they getting this information? It reall is kinda terrifying.

Ken
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Privacy is non-existent these days. Very sad.

Is this Google wallet any different than Paypal which seems to be widely accepted?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Deacon wrote:
MacLaren wrote:Just signed up and so far, really like it.
It's been 4 months, how's that working out for you? Not that I have any intention of ever getting one. IMHO, while Google is an excellent search engine, it's also the most evil "big brother" out there when it comes to collecting, storing, data-mining, and disseminating private personal information. I trust them even less than I trust Microsoft, the NSA, or even the BATF. I try to give them as little of my personal information as possible, never had a Gmail account, don't have Google+, and my Google calendar contains only cryptic entries that only I would understand. I can't imagine ever wittingly give them any of my financial information.
****, I dont use it anymore. Nobody accepts it.
I use PayPal now.
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

They are shutting it down soon.

Guess it didn't pick up enough users to justify keeping it around.