Spyderco Techno

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
willydigger

Re:

Post by willydigger »

willydigger wrote:No good for a lefty. You can't thumb deploy since it's blocked by the lock. The finger flick is uncomfortable since the cutout on the scale is so deep you hit your finger on the upper scale every time. Mine's going back on the market.
After some time apart I convinced myself to get it again and give it another try. I realized that I don't flick a knife in the real world as much as I do during that first "play time" handling. So I committed and I'm satisfied. Did a little custom work to personalize it.
Kylems11

Re: Spyderco Techno

Post by Kylems11 »

Same here! I have been debating on buying the techno for a long time. Just bought one off amazon. Cant wait. Looks like an awsome knife.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I can't say enough good about the Techno. Awesome, awesome LBK design. Carried mine today, in fact. With most of the knives I buy, I generally find at least one or more things I want to change with the design. Not so with the Techno. Top notch little folder.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The Techno is a true gem and marvel of engineering. For all those on the fence: get off it immediately, find your credit card and go buy one now. They really need to be held and used to understand their well-deserved hype. Very cool back story from Sal too --- this designer Marcin Slysz is also debuting his Bowie with Spyderco hopefully this month (September)! Some more eye candy:

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Long live the Techno! One seriously robust and capable LBK.

Titanium

Post by Titanium »

Techno
Techno
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

MIne's in the mail, will post a pic soon... I'll put it beside my Boker Pipsqueak to compare...
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

The Techno is a truly wonderful EDC piece. I gave it another bevel on that other sharpening-apparatus :) which is easy for the well tempered XHP. I really love that Polish Mouse!
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Just got mine today, love it already! I disagree with anyone who says it's not good for lefties, I feel it is far better for a lefty than for right. The spydie flick is only available for a lefty, and the cutout rubbing against your thumb is a non issue left handed. Also I feel the ril system is better for a left handed grip because if you are torquing on the knife, (cutting out a notch in wood for example) your grip only pulls the lock closed tighter while right handed you can actually release the lock that way, (not that it should pose a problem as in that motion you still shouldn't be able the close the blade) but after the cut if it's loose and you don't realize...
Anyway back to the knife itself, my only gripe so far is the clip. Usually I don't like the look of the wire clips but in this case I think it work well with the look of the knife. However even after bending it, it still does not have great retention. The fact that it moves around a bit doesn't bother me as I USE my knives and even a stiffer clip would scuff up the titanium anyway. The other issue I have is that it creates a hot spot, time will tell how bad it is or if I just build up enough of a callous and don't feel it any more. Here are some pics comparing it to some other similar sized knives.
Attachments
s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s6.jpg
s5.jpg
s4.jpg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?