Do you ever buy back ups of knives you already have

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Yep I do. I have a couple of PM2'S, couple Salt 1's (a PE and a SE), two Delica's in case I lose or damage one. :)

I also have two Manix XL's (s90 and s30 not coated) but I will be getting rid of them as they are alittle to big for my liking regarding EDC.
juggler

Post by juggler »

I did buy a couple of back ups, for knives I couldn't see myself without at the time. But you learn more as you go along, tastes and priorities change, new knives pop up : realizing they would most likely sit unused on a shelf, I ended up selling those spares.

I now have two Dragonflies but they're not exact duplicates (H1/hollow ground/yellow handle vs VG-10/FFG/orange handle).
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I used to lean more towards variety than duplicates, but that was back before I had really narrowed it down to more specific wants and needs. Now that I've come to really know what I want and use the most, I spend that money on backups. I actually don't have any duplicates at all at the moment unless you count 2 Ladybugs, but one is a hawkbill so it's essentially a different knife. On knives I can't just go out and buy another one of (sprints, etc), duplicates are a must.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Only a few models, I own:

(3) Dodo (2 blue, 1 black)
(3) Caly Jr. Burgundy
(4) Delica 4 (2 pink, 1 g10, 1 purple)

I regret not buying backups of the Centofante 4 when they were more readily available.