sales thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Editor Emeritus

sales thread

Post by Editor Emeritus »

not sure on forum rules, but just curious if there's a buyer/sellers thread?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Sorry, no buy/sell/trade here.
Holland

Post by Holland »

What he said ^
Bladeforums by far has the best BST forums that I have used
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Editor Emeritus

No worries, just thought to ask... many thanks
v8r

Post by v8r »

Honestly I wish we did sometimes. It would be nice to know that when I sell a spydie that it is going to someone who would appreciate it. The reason why Sal doesn't allow it is that there are too many dishonest people in the world, and some folks seem to thrive on taking advantage of others.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Holland

Post by Holland »

v8r wrote:Honestly I wish we did sometimes. It would be nice to know that when I sell a spydie that it is going to someone who would appreciate it. The reason why Sal doesn't allow it is that there are too many dishonest people in the world, and some folks seem to thrive on taking advantage of others.
I agree, the knives i have a really hard time parting with i usually sell to a forum member here or a family member or friend
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
v8r

Post by v8r »

Holland wrote:I agree, the knives i have a really hard time parting with i usually sell to a forum member here or a family member or friend
It we cannot have a sales thread then maybe we could have a "want, or looking for" thread. If someone has whatever model the person is looking for then it can be handled through PM.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

v8r wrote:It we cannot have a sales thread then maybe we could have a "want, or looking for" thread. If someone has whatever model the person is looking for then it can be handled through PM.
This could become a slippery slope and would still eventually lead to deals gone bad and harsh feelings which I believe is what Sal is wanting to avoid. I see both yours and his points. I sell mostly on BF and although not as homey as the feeling here, it is still a great place of mostly like minded people.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I come here to learn about new models, or drool over older ones, and then go buy them elsewhere. I like keeping this place friendly.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

xceptnl wrote:This could become a slippery slope and would still eventually lead to deals gone bad and harsh feelings which I believe is what Sal is wanting to avoid. I see both yours and his points. I sell mostly on BF and although not as homey as the feeling here, it is still a great place of mostly like minded people.
100% agree
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

v8r wrote:Honestly I wish we did sometimes. It would be nice to know that when I sell a spydie that it is going to someone who would appreciate it. The reason why Sal doesn't allow it is that there are too many dishonest people in the world, and some folks seem to thrive on taking advantage of others.
Honestly, I'm glad we don't. Even on BF, where it takes a paid membership which puts a real name and address on record in order to sell, sellers occasionally screw buyers, buyers occasionally screw sellers, and folks get pissed off because a seller elects not to ship outside the US, or asks the buyer to cover PayPal fees. Not to mention claims of all manner of dishonesty by both sellers and buyers. It also leads to ill will when someone thinks he's given another knife enthusiast a chance to own a certain knife at a fair price only to see it show up on eBay the next week for twice that.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It would also bring lots of new traffic on here with people looking only to unload knives, and not contributing anything to the forum except directing people to their sales ads.
:bug-red-white
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

gbelleh wrote:It would also bring lots of new traffic on here with people looking only to unload knives, and not contributing anything to the forum except directing people to their sales ads.
That's a really good point.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

gbelleh wrote:It would also bring lots of new traffic on here with people looking only to unload knives, and not contributing anything to the forum except directing people to their sales ads.
Yeah, I'd rather not have the guys buying sprints to flip them hanging out here for no other reason than to gouge us.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

I have to agree.

There are plenty of other places to sell and trade.

Leave the drama away from here.
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
Editor Emeritus

I do get what Sal is talking about and in retrospect I must agree. Keeping the forum friendly and open is a nice course of action....