YoJimbo 2 on The Way !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Well she didn't waste much time drawing first blood . Was putting a little FrogLube on the blade and didn't want to drag the rag on the edge so I ever so gently ran my finger across the edge thinking I was on the side enough and she bit me lol . Wow it's sharp !! I barely put any pressure either Just a small cut but enough to draw blood and enough to give me a stern warning . I have to admit though I did run it across my strop block a few times but it was razor sharp out of the box . I had a ATM receipt that I turned Into confetti just push cutting man that was fun lol.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Now it's officially yours! My favourite knife hands down. Congrats.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Nice pics, factor!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Now it's officially yours! My favourite knife hands down. Congrats.
Thanks :) Yes sir it's officially mine and I have the band-Aid on to prove it ! Love the look it's very aggressive and has a little Attitude . I like the shape of the blade and is so different then any of my others .
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

DougC-3 wrote:Nice pics, factor!
Thanks Doug , I've been working on the middle finger flick and it's working the best for me to . Your right it is super fast that way and feels more natural for me and more consistent .
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Congrats Factor and thanks for the pics. These knives should be renamed as the Spyderco Vampire :D
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Nice! And yeah, I meant to mention that this knife is really easy to open with the middle finger too. Try the thumb pad like I described too though. It opens very fast and accurately that way. I love it because it is somewhat unique to the yojimbo. I have not been able to get any of my other spydercos to respond well to that technique but it works perfectly on the yojimbo. Maybe it's the smaller hole, or the whole location; I don't know. Doug actually described it better than me though...a little downward pressure then forward. But trust me, when you get that right it will fire out as fast as the middle finger flick. Enjoy that thing!

Did you sleep with it under your pillow last night?? :p
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

LoL :D no it wasn't under my pillow but very close . It took all my Will power to set it down on my night stand thorough when I finally went to bed staying up about 2 hours later then I should of practicing different opening techniques and bonding with it :p
Thanks much for the tips on opening it this design does take some practice and the advice helped a lot . I could never use my middle finger to open any knife . I've always used my index finger or thumb I haven't been able to get the thumb technique down yet you suggested but I will keep trying lol . I found some candy blue touch up paint From a Yamaha R1 motorcycle I use to have so I might try painting the Spydie on the clip this weekend .
Sure enjoying this baby in the short time I've had it . So different then my others with a lot of personality looks and feel wise .
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Congrats Factor and thanks for the pics. These knives should be renamed as the Spyderco Vampire :D
Your welcome and Thanks Johnnie ! LoL the vampire would be perfect for this knife :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah gotta watch what you're doing with this one, I was fumbling around with mine one day and dropped it into my lap...lets some say something very important got poked by the point, and if I hadn't been wearing jeans I may have been in trouble. It did cut a nice 1/4 slit in my jeans before it poked me.

It's also funny for me to see these knives NIB, after having done so much tweaking to mine.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yah man, gotta respect these Spyderco's......my Manix 2 XL bit me..... :eek: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
And a big Congtratz on that sweet Yojimbo 2 !
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Evil D wrote:Yeah gotta watch what you're doing with this one, I was fumbling around with mine one day and dropped it into my lap...lets some say something very important got poked by the point, and if I hadn't been wearing jeans I may have been in trouble. It did cut a nice 1/4 slit in my jeans before it poked me.

It's also funny for me to see these knives NIB, after having done so much tweaking to mine.
Ouch !! Made me flinch just reading what happen to you :eek:
This is my sharpest Spydie new out of the box yet !!
Think I might paint my Spydie this weekend to join ya :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

MacLaren wrote:Yah man, gotta respect these Spyderco's......my Manix 2 XL bit me..... :eek: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
And a big Congtratz on that sweet Yojimbo 2 !
Thanks man and yes they bite hard !!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Hey factor, I made a quick video to show what I was talking about. The first opening is with the nail "marble shot", the second is obviously middle finger and the last three are using the pad of the thumb. This technique is not quite as "authoritative", for lack of a better word, as the other two but I find it to be more consistent and controlled. Plus I just like the way it feels. :)

P.S. The chick nails are for classical guitar. :rolleyes:
[video=youtube_share;m7nCj8qA2dU]http://youtu.be/m7nCj8qA2dU[/video]
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm definitely in the middle finger flick crowd with this knife, though I did also grind out quite a bit of G10 to unshroud the hole a bit.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Surfingringo wrote:Hey factor, I made a quick video to show what I was talking about. The first opening is with the nail "marble shot", the second is obviously middle finger and the last three are using the pad of the thumb. This technique is not quite as "authoritative", for lack of a better word, as the other two but I find it to be more consistent and controlled. Plus I just like the way it feels. :)

P.S. The chick nails are for classical guitar. :rolleyes:
[video=youtube_share;m7nCj8qA2dU]http://youtu.be/m7nCj8qA2dU[/video]
Thanks for the video I really appreciate it ! Looks like you've got it down that's pretty darn fast !!
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Evil D wrote:I'm definitely in the middle finger flick crowd with this knife, though I did also grind out quite a bit of G10 to unshroud the hole a bit.
I'm finding it much more faster and consistent with the middle finger flick to . Feels like it's breaking in a little to because it's not as tight and opening much better . Probably the Froglube to and me getting use to the proper grip .
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nice job on the vid. I've been practing the middle finger method. Its cool......just wish I looked cool doing it lol....
Ned

Post by Ned »

Gringo you are something else brother, you live in paradise, you speak Spanish, you play classical guitar, your a knife aficionado...you should be making Dos Equis commercials! :D
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

Dammit! Now I need one!
DLC Paramilitary 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V hollow ground, Delica 4 stainless with custom engraving, green frn delica 4 ffg, blue frn delica 4 ffg, orange frn endura 4 ffg, Gayle Bradley