delica vs tenacious

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

For a knife I would carry anywhere, Delica.
For a knife I'd carry most places, tenacious could work.

I've carried both extensively. The Delica has a perfect blade and tip, in ffg configuration, for my Edc uses. It is also much smaller in pocket, do I'm more likely to carry it anywhere.

The tenacious fills the hand slightly better, so might be a slightly better choice for hard cutting where hand fatigue might set in.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Does the Delica screw together now? I was cleaning an old Native FRN up tonight to hand off to a relative and man what a pain these things are when they're full of gunk. I snagged a well-used Tenacious recently and being able to strip it down and really clean it was nice.

IMHO the Tenacious blade shape works better in SE, but not that well in PE for my uses. Persistence or Ambitious though are fantastic.
All God's critters have knives.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

This thread is a disgrace. The Delica is far more a better knife compared to a chinese POS tenacious.

It all boils down to price. You want nice pay the price.
Blackhawk30

Post by Blackhawk30 »

For edc I carry a Delica.The Tenacious is closere to a tactical knife than a edc.I like 'em both.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Delica is better overall but Tenacious is surprisingly good for the money. My green G-10 version is one of my smoothest knives. Strong detent. Perfectly centered. I think aesthetically that the blade looks better if the spine is ground down a bit to make it closer to a clip point than a drop point.
The Tenacious is not a POS, that's for sure. :rolleyes:
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

I prefer the Delica, but have absolutely no problems with the tenacious. Build quality is actually pretty darn good. The blade steel is ok, nothing great. Just keep it touched up more frequently.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Vote for Tenacious. Its quality not bad. And I like G10. Delica have better build, but FRN, sry, no....
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I like both and use both but I would say the Delica has a better design, but I think the ENdura rules them all.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

RIOT wrote:This thread is a disgrace. The Delica is far more a better knife compared to a chinese POS tenacious.

Well...back in 2011 it seemed a fair question since less people had the Tenacious. Also, your post is 100% opinion.

Higher level of F&F, more sculpted handle, ambidextrous lock, lighter weight. Those are concrete factors. They still dont trump personal preference tho.
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

The Delica FFG blade is thinner, behind the edge and in general, its slim geometry makes turning cuts easier and it needs less space in the pocket.
The Tenacious´ grind reaching all the way to the handle is a nice feature, as is the G10 handle.

For me the midlock/linerlock difference is what makes the Tenacious sit at home. I like the possibility to use it ambidextrously. Cleaning is a little easier with the flow-through construction of the Tenacious, the Delica clip is slimmer.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I have both and I much prefer the Tenacious. I like G10 and liner locks better, I like the size of the Tenacious better, to me it looks like a much more expensive knife, and it certainly operates much more smoothly than my Delica. Normally injection-molded handles would be found on less expensive knives. I almost completely refuse to buy lockback knives, much preferring one-hand operation. I bought my Delica to carry in my pocket as a second knife, it is smaller than what I prefer to carry as a primary folder.

I think there is a little bit of wow factor in these-
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Those Blue and Green Tenacious sure look nice !
I'm very happy with my blacked out Tenacious what a great knife .
Holland

Post by Holland »

I like them both, but if i had to choose, the delica would win by a landslide
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Holland wrote:I like them both, but if i had to choose, the delica would win by a landslide
Just curious why you would choose the delica by a landslide ? Haven't handled a delica so I can't honestly compare the two . I know the Tenacious is made in china and not sure about the delica but I can tell you the quality of this tenacious is very good . The blade is dead center the action is smooth and fast . Feels great in the hand and personally I prefer the liner lock on it vs on the back strap like on the delica . Just my opinion and honesty I pretty much love them all lol :)
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

Love the random, misplaced xenophobia against Chinese products....

Delica is Japanese, tenacious is Chinese, big deal.
RIOT wrote:This thread is a disgrace. The Delica is far more a better knife compared to a chinese POS tenacious.

Posted from your Chinese phone/computer, wearing your Chinese sneakers and pants, feet away from your Chinese television. Yeah, put that foot down on those evil Chinese knives.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

The Deacon wrote:Depends on what you value in a knife. Delica has better steel and, IMHO, superior build quality. Tenacious offers more blade length at a lower price. Pays your money, takes your choice. Personally, I'd choose neither since I prefer a midlock with a 50/50 choil and would be willing to spend the extra bucks for a VG-10 Stretch. But, if my only option was a choice between a Delica and a Tenacious, the Delica would win hands down. On the other hand, I know someone who loses knives, and darn near everything else, regularly, so I'd recommend the Tenacious (or more likely a Byrd) to him.
Can't say it much better than this guy. +1
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

I bet for tactical purposes the person on the other end won't care were it's made and both will be equally effective lol
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

David really ?Says a Delica owner ;) I'm pretty certain lol.
Come on seriously ? Suggesting a Tenacious or Bryd to someone that looses knifes "well said ?" :rolleyes:
Lmao this thread is getting more entertaining by the minute .
Ok let's see what's next but someone please hand me the popcorn :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

I think NutnFancy would be having a beat down marathon on this thread :D
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

I doubt nutnfancy could beat anything down. He'd start talking about beating you down, then thirty minutes later he'd almost be through his intro to beating you down, and you will already have stepped out for a bite to eat.