made some mule chili today

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
bdblue

made some mule chili today

Post by bdblue »

Well the chili is made with beef, the mule was the knife that I used to cut up the beef. In this case I used my XHP mule and it worked great.

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hmmm, mule chili... Nice pic! You need to slap some scales or para cord onto that bad boy, or you'll get an Indiana Jones-type burn in the palm of your hand...

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I may be wrong, but it looks like he cut it up before he cooked it. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

We should compile a list of mule recipes. :)
Last night I cut up some poblano peppers and an onion for rajas con crema which is just poblanos in cream sauce. I only have a 110v mule and can't wait for my scales and sheath.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Sunday's batch was a trial, 1.5 lbs of meat. Tonight I bought 6 lbs of meat to make a big batch for my office chili competition Friday. I cubed that 6 lbs with the XHP Mule, working on a flexible plastic cutting board. A lot more cutting tonight, not only because of the larger amount of meat, but I cubed the meat into smaller pieces. The mule survived but seems a bit duller now. This will be an interesting experiment to see if a strop will bring it back or if I need to actually use stones on it.

And yes with all of that cutting and slicing, and no scales, I did get a little blister on my index finger.