CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

MCM wrote:The last 20 of 800 are available. In case anyone here has been on the fence.
Just a heads up. :)
Thanks a lot! :rolleyes: (for making me relive my sad negative decision ;) ) But seriously it's always nice to have another chance, and I've happily jumped on such opportunities a couple of times in the past. :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I'm still loving mine. Sure, I don't normally carry it during the work week, but around home and weekends, whittling/fire prep, general use it's fantastic! Tempted to buy a 3rd and 4th while they are available, but I need to same some $ for their Yojimbo :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

MCM wrote:The last 20 of 800 are available. In case anyone here has been on the fence.
I bought mine just recently, couple weeks ago. F&F are outstanding. Fairy light for size. I like it a lot. But I always liked big Manix much more than little.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:Yeah, I've heard people saying that they are too big. *shrug*
I carry mine once in a while and think that it's too big to carry all the time.
probably you are correct that M XL is too big to carry all the time. I just got Ti Fluted Military. I love the knife. My favorite Military now, but this thing is huge, especially in the hand. Handle on Manix XL is just right fit for my hand, but you need to have a hand few sizes bigger than mine to fill Military. I know, that Spyderco is making couple folders even bigger. probably they are for NBA boys :) :).
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I agree that the XL is without question too large for EDC. However my plain s30v is a perfect go to emergency knife for size, cutting ability, and general large duty tasks. I would recommend to anyone to get a holster if needed for the XL. I won't carry mine enough but I have one jic for the regular sized Manix.
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
Donut

Post by Donut »

Big knives are popular. I like that they are exploring larger designs.

I think I've just been spoiled by LBK's and medium big knives. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:I agree that the XL is without question too large for EDC.
I wear jeans to my office most days and I would have no problem carrying a Manix 2 XL everyday, and I have a Military in my EDC rotation as well. Knives like the Manix 2 and Para 2 work just fine for me weekdays so I don't need to carry a larger knife every day, I just like to carry it sometimes. Weekends I'm more likely to need a larger knife so I pick from my bigger knives on weekends.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I was trying to miss out on this one but it lingered too long and my tax return came in so i pulled the trigger. I'll be edcing this for sure. I used to edc my C95 and that wasn't bad at all. If these stick around longer I'll pick up a second. Should get it tomorrow.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Don't stab that one through a car door. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I've gotta stay away from this thread... :( my s30v M2 XL is enough... but I've never had any peel ply CF.... When I decided not to buy this one in Dec, I had to buy a yo2 to make it up to me... I could sell the yo2 and s30v XL and it would almost pay for the s90v... but then I wouldn't have them.... and I've never sold any of my Spydies... :eek:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

If i get a second one donut i might. But i gotta say those manix are a tough breed. That particular knife went through a lot and it still works. The polymer cage is the weakest link though. I just have a hard time saying no to CF and S90V it's my weakness. I think i have all cf S90V spydercos produced so far.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Howes has a collector Manix2-XL s90v for $274.95, in case anyone is regretting missing the boat on this one.
Invective

Post by Invective »

Bumping this thread because KW just updated the status of the Yo2 S90V, and is saying pre-orders on the 8th!

Unfortunately, I will be camping all next week so I will be missing it darn. Maybe if I climb a tall enough tree I'll be able to find a signal though!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DougC-3 wrote:Howes has a collector Manix2-XL s90v for $274.95, in case anyone is regretting missing the boat on this one.
I decided to pass on this knife. Fortunately for me it wasn't sold out very fast and I bought mine, when just very few left. I am very happy about this. It is a keeper.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Invective wrote:Bumping this thread because KW just updated the status of the Yo2 S90V, and is saying pre-orders on the 8th!

Unfortunately, I will be camping all next week so I will be missing it darn. Maybe if I climb a tall enough tree I'll be able to find a signal though!
Awesome. Thank you!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

DougC-3 wrote:Howes has a collector Manix2-XL s90v for $274.95, in case anyone is regretting missing the boat on this one.
Very nice. Thanx for the 411.
I have one, although not a collector club. Lemme tell ya, she's awesome! Gave $235 and would do it again.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nope, still holding out for the Yo 2 though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MCM

Post by MCM »

The Yo 2 CF/S90v is going to be $229.95 shipped in the USA.
Also, for those who missed out on the Manix 2XL CF/S90v. Good news, Spyderco had about 50 NIB and are soon shipping to KW.
That's about it.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

MCM wrote:The Yo 2 CF/S90v is going to be $229.95 shipped in the USA.
Also, for those who missed out on the Manix 2XL CF/S90v. Good news, Spyderco had about 50 NIB and are soon shipping to KW.
That's about it.
Thanks for the great info. Did you talk to them and they confirmed this?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MCM

Post by MCM »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Thanks for the great info. Did you talk to them and they confirmed this?
Yes, I am pretty involved with the limited runs from KW.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......